BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which warranty option sounds better for my new purchase 2001 M5 40,400 miles:

1) Easy Care warranty through BMW, $2995 for 3 years and up to 75,000,
$100 deductible, no maintance items (clutch) covered.

2) Ulitimate Coverage warranty through independant garage that specializes in BMW and Mercedes. The garage has excellent reputation. Cost $3,670 for 7 years and up to 125,000 miles no deductable. Contract has lifetime payout of $10,000. Same no maintance items coverage.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
kencivic said:

2) Ulitimate Coverage warranty through independant garage that specializes in BMW and Mercedes. The garage has excellent reputation. Cost $3,670 for 7 years and up to 125,000 miles no deductable. Contract has lifetime payout of $10,000. Same no maintance items coverage.
I guess what it comes down to is how long do you plan on keeping the M5 (years) and how many miles do you drive a year? :confused:
For $600 more the independent garage seems like a better deal, but of course that $10,000 lifetime payout is the catch. Unfortunately, if you do run into major problems(knock on wood you do not) but if you do that $10k cap will not seem like so much money anymore. Read the fine print and good luck with any decision you makekinggf

·
Registered
590 Posts
kencivic said:

Ken if I had to choose I would go for the BMW East Care warranty. This car would hurt you for 10K in a minute. Best to be prepaped. The Ulitimate Coverage would be good without the cap.

Hope that helps
Joe

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
What do you mean by "easy care warranty through BMW"???

This sounds like a thrid part warranty sold by that specific dealership... DO NOT believe this is any different than any other 3rd party warranty. It is not backed by BMW.

Either of these warranties have the same risk and same downsides: what if the company goes belly up and what kind of hassle will you get to pay claims- be they by a dealership or by an independent.

The 10k limit is a no-go for me. In the event of a major failure (engine) that 10k gets you half way there...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts