BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Do you know whether BMW will replace the centre armrest on the beast? mine has a phone attachment which is completely redundant these days.......

Thanks folks!

TrickyTrev

·
In Memoriam
4,624 Posts
Call 'em and ask ... it is surprising what these telephones willl do (even if you don't want the armrest for them) ...

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - perhaps I should have asked (instead):

do they still make this pat as OEM so that I can pay BMW to replace it?

I will be more specific next time - thanks for the warm welcome!

TrickyTrev

·
Registered
962 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Folks

just to let you know that BMW in the UK cannot provide this item as OEM any longer, according to my local dealer. The only centre arm rest the can provide is the one with the phone in it (which I have and is totally useless!!)

Looks like I'll have to look elsewhere. Thanks for the link - looks like that will be the place to go.....

Cheers

TrickyTrev

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I would also love to do this, but man is it expensive!

I was wondering if there might be a way to do the swap, and then run the cable for an Intravee II up through a hole you create in the bottom of your new storage tray and build some sort of hidden, but accessible iPod rig?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Folks

just to let you know that BMW in the UK cannot provide this item as OEM any longer, according to my local dealer. The only centre arm rest the can provide is the one with the phone in it (which I have and is totally useless!!)

thats funny, US dealers can only order it from overseas... i wonder where they get it from? one of the members on here recently did this mod, maybe you could contact him?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts