BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!!

just wanted to thank all of you that provided the incredibly useful information regarding the VW MAFs for our cars

my car was hesitating in lower rpms, and the butt-o-meter told me it was fast up top, but that something was missing

i picked up a set of VW mafs from the dealer as opposed to online simply cause I wanted to get this sorted out (VW was 183 cdn vs bmw 590 cdn!!! :eek7:)

anyways they were installed by me today, and boy the difference really IS as dramatic as everyone says it is!!

NO hesitation down low and the car just hauls *** :M5launch:

thanks again to all the useful information provided by the board here - happy driving!!! :thumbsup::M5rev:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
183 canadian? I think I remember seeing bosch going for 89 canadian on a recent thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm gonna do this next month

I received my MAFS from the same supplier as well (the VW spec ones from Bosch), but haven't installed them yet. Your report is encouraging me...

Did you change them yourself? If so, did you have the Torx bit, or just use pliers/channel locks etc? Did you test the flow rates pre- and post-insertion?

hgh

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have two extra VW MAFS that I purchased for $89 CAD from Precision Tuning Motorsports. It took almost a month for them to arrive. I got impatient and purchased two more from Performance Cafe for $129 USD each. If anyone wants them I will sell for what I paid for with free shipping. Email me at [email protected]

06A906461A VW MAFS.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
183 canadian? I think I remember seeing bosch going for 89 canadian on a recent thread.
yes - they could have been ordered online for cheaper, I just didnt want to wait to fix up the beast

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I received my MAFS from the same supplier as well (the VW spec ones from Bosch), but haven't installed them yet. Your report is encouraging me...

Did you change them yourself? If so, did you have the Torx bit, or just use pliers/channel locks etc? Did you test the flow rates pre- and post-insertion?

hgh
i ordered the torx bits today for the next time i need to install these, but this time around i simply used the channel locks!

with regards to flow testing, no i didn't flow test them, but the hesitation below 2000 rpm is now completely gone, and the car just takes off!!:M5launch:

·
8,369 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the VW MAF club!

8,000 miles on my VW MAF's now with no issues whatsoever.

Hey Guys!!

just wanted to thank all of you that provided the incredibly useful information regarding the VW MAFs for our cars

my car was hesitating in lower rpms, and the butt-o-meter told me it was fast up top, but that something was missing

i picked up a set of VW mafs from the dealer as opposed to online simply cause I wanted to get this sorted out (VW was 183 cdn vs bmw 590 cdn!!! :eek7:)

anyways they were installed by me today, and boy the difference really IS as dramatic as everyone says it is!!

NO hesitation down low and the car just hauls *** :M5launch:

thanks again to all the useful information provided by the board here - happy driving!!! :thumbsup::M5rev:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Used the channel locks or I used a need nose vise grip...no need to buy screws or bits. Even if they break, the screws can be replaced with a regular phillips head. The thread is really nothing special.

Jeff

·
Registered
180 Posts
I got my MAFS from Performance Cafe and experienced nothing but greif from them. I didn't get a response after ordering my sensors for almost a week. No one is ever in the store during business hours and they don't return phone calls. It took me almost 2 weeks to get my sensors from them. Probably won't use again.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just ordered from precisiontuning.ca. Hope to get them by the end of this week. Will post results.
This is where I ordered my first set of MAFS from and it took almost a month to get them. I am in NC, not too far from you. I hope you have better luck. They do have good prices though.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have two extra VW MAFS that I purchased for $89 CAD from Precision Tuning Motorsports. It took almost a month for them to arrive. I got impatient and purchased two more from Performance Cafe for $129 USD each. If anyone wants them I will sell for what I paid for with free shipping. Email me at [email protected]

06A906461A VW MAFS.
sory for asking but is this part number for vw mafs??

friend of mine have problem with maf and i tell him about vw mafs but dont know how to order from vw delers

·
Registered
437 Posts
I know the sensors can be removed from the BMW holder w/o the security torx bits. However, Harbor Tools has had a 100 PC. set of security bits on sale for $4.99. Probably not a lifetime quality, but I got mine and they come in a nice case, etc. Can't beat it-front page of most recent flyer.

Hey, what do you expect for a nickel a tool?! What can you buy at the stealer for a nickel?

·
Registered
43 Posts

06A906461A VW MAFS.
PM & email sent.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Just installed the new VW MAFS from precisiontuning.ca. Received the MAFS in a matter of 1 week. Didn't notice much of a difference considering my car only has 32,000 miles on it. But I did notice less hesitation and smoother startup. Overall worth the $200.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Think my car is a bit down on power as well... going to try cleaning the MAFs before I take the plunge for the VW units.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts