BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes another one. Not sure if this is appropriate, but mods can merge with another thread if necessary.

I got a used Sprint Booster from another member recently and just put it on this past weekend. It took me around 20 minutes to install this. Like many of you already know, there's been a lot of talk about this product blah blah blah. If you read their main website, it kind of doesn't want to make you buy one because their description doesn't "sell."

I was on the fence about this for a while and bought a used one just for the hell of it. First impression: Holy Crap!! There are 3 settings you can pick from (green, red, and stock) and I did my initial test drive in green mode. At the next light, I switched it to red and the car jumps, literally. I played with all the different settings and in M mode in red, it's almost unforgiving lol. Never thought I'd ever say that about our cars.

I think the sprint booster cleans up our horrible throttle lag we all suffer from. I'm not running any tune and can feel the immediate difference in throttle response. While this doesn't add any hp to our car, it makes our throttle response almost immediate and that's where we're lacking is from a dead start. It almost makes your car feel 500lbs lighter.

Dan

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Glad you like your newest addition, Dan. Now get those damn sway bars installed.

Reactions: pnguyen

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Antti, get it. The newest version (V2) has 3 different settings and I have yet to hear anyone not liking theirs. Mine was just another case of happy modding.

Dan

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice. What's the exact model number for the correct version?

edit: Oh, I have the SMG and yours is manual, though.
For your car, I just copied this from their website and the SKU is SBBM0012S. I know there might be a slight difference in SMG and 6 speed but they're pretty much interchangeable. I called SB myself and verified this. As a matter of fact I'm using one from an SMG car and it works fine.

Dan

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Nice. What's the exact model number for the correct version?

edit: Oh, I have the SMG and yours is manual, though.
The model number Lee said above ^ "SBBM0012S" is the correct one. That is the part number I have installed in my car and I have the SMG trans. I bought mine three years ago and it has spent most of the time in the sport (green mode). Awesome little bugger.

Reactions: anzafin

·
Registered
250 Posts
I got a used Sprint Booster from another member recently and just put it on this past weekend. It took me around 20 minutes to install this. Like many of you already know, there's been a lot of talk about this product blah blah blah. If you read their main website, it kind of doesn't want to make you buy one because their description doesn't "sell."

I was on the fence about this for a while and bought a used one just for the hell of it. First impression: Holy Crap!! There are 3 settings you can pick from (green, red, and stock) and I did my initial test drive in green mode. At the next light, I switched it to red and the car jumps, literally. I played with all the different settings and in M mode in red, it's almost unforgiving lol. Never thought I'd ever say that about our cars.

I think the sprint booster cleans up our horrible throttle lag we all suffer from. I'm not running any tune and can feel the immediate difference in throttle response. While this doesn't add any hp to our car, it makes our throttle response almost immediate and that's where we're lacking is from a dead start. It almost makes your car feel 500lbs lighter.

Dan
Dan,

Agreed! After only a few drives (neighborhood, freeway, etc.) with the Selectable Sprint Booster, I decided to leave it in "red" or "Stage 2" mode, and simply unplugged the selector. You're absolutely right in that when switched to P500S (my M mode setting) the car screams. God, I hate to admit this, but I rarely even use the M button anymore unless I feel froggy and someone wants to push it on the freeway or I simply want to give my one-upping younger brother and his supercharged 2012 CTS-V sedan a run for his money. :greenflag: (I can't be the only one out there with younger siblings like this?!?!) :haha:

I echo everything you've said, and like many before us - this little piece of technology is IMHO one of the best dollar-for-dollar mods out there. I have the SMG transmission, and purchased the product from Amazon.com here:

Amazon.com: SprintBooster SBBM0012S Plug-N-Play Performance Upgrade Power Converter: Automotive

...and the company's U.S. distributor (more information here than from Amazon.com - I believe product is manufactured in Greece):

Sprint Booster USA Official North American Distributor

Next project: Coding my M5 myself (enabling/disabling features first, then work my way up to the Euro SMG flash).

Enjoy the Programmable Sprint Booster and safe driving out there! :checkeredflag:

Cheers,

Reactions: LeeDan00

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hate u Dan ... now u making me buy one also ....
Bro get it you won't regret it I promise. I just messed with it in M mode P550s in RED this morning and it's awesome. I might be wasting more gas because I keep pushing my gas pedal LOL.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dan,

Agreed! After only a few drives (neighborhood, freeway, etc.) with the Selectable Sprint Booster, I decided to leave it in "red" or "Stage 2" mode, and simply unplugged the selector. You're absolutely right in that when switched to P500S (my M mode setting) the car screams. God, I hate to admit this, but I rarely even use the M button anymore unless I feel froggy and someone wants to push it on the freeway or I simply want to give my one-upping younger brother and his supercharged 2012 CTS-V sedan a run for his money. :greenflag: (I can't be the only one out there with younger siblings like this?!?!) :haha:

I echo everything you've said, and like many before us - this little piece of technology is IMHO one of the best dollar-for-dollar mods out there. I have the SMG transmission, and purchased the product from Amazon.com here:

Amazon.com: SprintBooster SBBM0012S Plug-N-Play Performance Upgrade Power Converter: Automotive

...and the company's U.S. distributor (more information here than from Amazon.com - I believe product is manufactured in Greece):

Sprint Booster USA Official North American Distributor

Next project: Coding my M5 myself (enabling/disabling features first, then work my way up to the Euro SMG flash).

Enjoy the Programmable Sprint Booster and safe driving out there! :checkeredflag:

Cheers,
Glad we're on the same page with this. Should have bought this a long time ago. :byee55amg

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Had the original SB on my old 545 then put it on the M5, then had the M specific SB and finally the SB V2 and loved them all; even when combined with three different tunes (RDsport, Singh Autosport and ESS).

I just noticed something recently. My shifts were rough from gear to gear so I tried the SMG reset process but didn't really notice any improvements. Thought something was up with my SMG software and/or euro SMG tune which was recently updated by my indy shop when I replaced my clutch. Was going to ask them about it and noticed my SB was switched off. Once I turned it back on....halleluja, nice and smooth again; every shift! :) :) :)

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Had the original SB on my old 545 then put it on the M5, then had the M specific SB and finally the SB V2 and loved them all; even when combined with three different tunes (RDsport, Singh Autosport and ESS).

I just noticed something recently. My shifts were rough from gear to gear so I tried the SMG reset process but didn't really notice any improvements. Thought something was up with my SMG software and/or euro SMG tune which was recently updated by my indy shop when I replaced my clutch. Was going to ask them about it and noticed my SB was switched off. Once I turned it back on....halleluja, nice and smooth again; every shift! :) :) :)
I had the SB V2 on my 545i and took it off and sold it after I tuned it. You guys are in my pocket again! Stop it please!

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
My sprint booster is never turned off, just addicted to it being on red :blink:

Reactions: racee78

·
Registered
156 Posts
I guess the SB will be next on my list.....

Reactions: LeeDan00
1 - 20 of 35 Posts