BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 24 Posts

· Registered
3,173 Posts
First before saying anything drive the car more then try to adapt the system, this will help get rid of the air bubbles still trapped.
Did the clutch slave AND shift block bleeding PASSED?.

Give my brain something to chew on, like fault codes adaptation routine fail messages which is displayed after an adaptation step failure.
Which adaptation steps failed?.
Short video viewing INPA>Analog 3 status page starting with just ignition ON, depress the brake and release, start up the car, select first gear, start to move the car slowly till the clutch disengage. Print screen the adaptation values stored in INPA SMG>Status>SHIFT+F2.
Besides the seals in the slave cylinder, what else could wear out?
The cylinder wall.
Is there any other way to test the PLCD itself? I'm not sure, now, that my old PLCD was faulty.
It is fine if it doesn't give negative value.
The error seems to be that the zero point of the clutch position is out of range. Would this be caused by a lower general thickness of the friction material (which is what I observed with the Kevlar clutch material, as compared with the standard/remaining organic clutch material)
Possible.
Is it possible this is a result of my "fix" of the sensor strip wires?
No since no fault codes for gears position.
I didn't realize that it would be so much thinner than standard.
How thick it is?.
What is the minimum clutch thickness for the car?
Average is 5-6mm.
When the slave cylinder is not engaged, meaning when the clutch is against the pressure plate, is the rod in the slave cylinder compressed, or extended?
is not engaged=compressed.

· Registered
3,173 Posts
In addition to what @Alan Arnesen mentioned, some times for example when there is an internal leak or pressure reduced by INPA the motor no longer works on its own, the fix if disconnecting battery or disconnecting SMG control unit connectors was to lock the car shut and hide the key fob for 10-15 minutes and then unlock it again and the pump restarts. I think this period of time is the time required for the first stage car sleep, after that period of time you wake up the car again by unlock the car open the driver door and the pump starts. Reducing pressure using ISTA is different if you followed the repair sequence prior to maintenance session, I think ISTA will activate the normal operation of the SMG control unit after the repair is done which different than INPA. You can explore these features if you interested to know more about the hidden functions.

1 - 7 of 24 Posts