BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would have a Jack Handy (now known as Kmac Handy) to have a "Deep Thought":

Like the 60's we are in a mecca of high power cars. We are lucky enough to own 400+ hp autos which can carry 5 passengers at 140 mph.

Shortly, if the policy makers have their way, these high hp, low mpg cars will disappear for a time - maybe forever depending on technology, gas prices and policy.

Love it while you have it, keep it while you can.

Then sell it at Barrett-Jackson for 250k in about 20 years. That should just about pay for the maintenance :)

More musings to come - I am sure you are on the edges of your keyboards.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rofl - priceless or worthless depending on taste.

It will be like the old TI-99 computer. You remember, the one with the 25lb 5.25" floppy drive that sounded like a jet taking off? Hunt the Wumpus for the win.

I think the phone may actually work better then, since everything will be owned my microsoft, with Steve Jobs as CEO.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG defined, you just reminded me that I have to put it in my sig...:eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was, like, the first video game ever.

I still have the TI by the way. I will put the CBT next to my original mac, intellevision, Laser disc system, MD player, Betamax, and HD CD player. Oh, and Jimmy Hoffa. He says 'Hi'.

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
Then sell it at Barrett-Jackson for 250k in about 20 years.
I dunno about $250k, but hey, if some shmuck thinks a stupid 'General Lee' '69 Charger mock up (one of, oh, maybe hundreds spewed out from all corners of the country) is worth $710k who knows.. :dunno:

Dave

·
Registered
6,958 Posts
I'm guessing not much more.... for a nice example. As the years roll by, the spread of condition grows.. from thrashed, poorly maintained examples, to pristine garage queens. I'm guessing the later category will hold value quite nicely from here on out.

Dave

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As the new CAFE rules kick in, the price of high hp sedans will skyrocket. The mfg's will be forced to cut hp for economy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts