BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just a quick intro, and a HUGE thanks to everyone here... this board was a tremendous resource while I was looking for a car, and sorting out this one after I bought it last month (turns out it needed an alternator). I previously owned one of the very last E36 M3's built - I've missed that car every day since I sold it, and swore I'd own another M. Pic attached of my new ride ('08 SMG).

I looked hard for a low-miles, unaltered car with a black and wood-free interior. I have a couple interior issues to sort out (rubber coating worn off by the key slot, paint scratched on the SMG knob). - once those are replaced, my first upgrade will be LED's for the DRL halos.

Still have a ton to read, and look forward to learning more from everyone!

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,272 Posts
Welcome to the v10 club! Any mods planned for your new toy?

Reactions: Kazakh015

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Welcome to the forum, have fun enjoying the beast.

·
Registered
975 Posts
it's mod time!!

Reactions: Kazakh015

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Mod #1 is going to be the angel eyes, I can't stand them glowing yellow... just makes the car feel dated. They're getting replaced this week one way or another.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome to the aBoard and thanks for posting a pic of your new beast! I have to say that I love the black on black (although I'm extremely biased). Enjoy your new M5, and please keep us all updated with any mods, etc. (and we all love pics too!).

I hope you and everyone reading this is enjoying their Labor Day Weekend (for those board members located in the U.S. anyway) with your family, friends, an adult beverage or two, some great food, and last but not least great weather so you can enjoy a cruise in your ///M.

Cheers,

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome, very nice ride and looks like new. Post pics your new angels eyes. My future mod too...Don't like the "yellow" ones

1 - 15 of 15 Posts