BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently picked up a 2001 M5 (CPO, Jet Black with black sport interior, spoiler delete, M audio, wood trim, 47k miles) here in Austin. The car is everything I expected.

I am a hardcore Z enthusiast (Datsun/Nissan) and am relatively active in the local performance car scene (cruises, dyno days, track events, etc.) and would love to meet up with fellow local M5 owners to share knowledge and network. Looks like the Houston guys are pretty active - how 'bout us Central Texans?

-Mike

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Down here in Corpus with BMWUSA (josh) we are the only two that post up from the corpus area although there are 1 or 2 more m5's in our area.. Good to see..ill be passing through austin in my m5 (lemans blue) on friday

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
Down here in Corpus with BMWUSA (josh) we are the only two that post up from the corpus area although there are 1 or 2 more m5's in our area.. Good to see..ill be passing through austin in my m5 (lemans blue) on friday
Aaahh - LMB. My favorite color. Jet black was the second choice.

If you have the time, PM me and perhaps we could meet for lunch or something. I'd love to see the car.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
well im not sure what my schedule is going to look like on friday but leave me your number via PM and if it looks like ill have time on friday, ill ring you up and maybe we can work on something.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Watch out, if you see Rob's car you'll be on the phone in minutes wanting to mod something or another, Congrats on your car hope you enjoy it, Josh

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
just like i told josh the first 15 min i met him, im not responsible for what you want to do to your car after seeing/hearing mine.

Congrats.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Mike (Austin) said:
Recently picked up a 2001 M5 (CPO, Jet Black with black sport interior, spoiler delete, M audio, wood trim, 47k miles) here in Austin. The car is everything I expected.

I am a hardcore Z enthusiast (Datsun/Nissan) and am relatively active in the local performance car scene (cruises, dyno days, track events, etc.) and would love to meet up with fellow local M5 owners to share knowledge and network. Looks like the Houston guys are pretty active - how 'bout us Central Texans?

-Mike
Mike,

Welcome. You are in a great area to take advantage of the M5s fun factor. We are wanting to do a drive in the near future and my guess is that the Hill Country would be the place to have it. Because Austin sits in the middle of the state it is a good central point to meet as well. I am sure the guys from Dallas and Houston as well as the renagades down further South would be happy to caravan in and have a good time.

I have put you on my buddy list and will let you know when we start the planning. Perhaps you could even help with a little Hill Country Drive!

Congrats,

Mark

·
Registered
837 Posts
MAH said:
Mike,

Welcome. You are in a great area to take advantage of the M5s fun factor. We are wanting to do a drive in the near future and my guess is that the Hill Country would be the place to have it. Because Austin sits in the middle of the state it is a good central point to meet as well. I am sure the guys from Dallas and Houston as well as the renagades down further South would be happy to caravan in and have a good time.

I have put you on my buddy list and will let you know when we start the planning. Perhaps you could even help with a little Hill Country Drive!

Congrats,

Mark
I hope the Renegades down south comment was directed at Rob and myself, I kind of like the ring to that, and if it wasnt just let me know what I need to do to earn that Honory titlehiha , Im not 100% positive but there is a chance we "Rob and myself" will be up in houston in a week and a half for an exhaust install and maybe some dyno work, maybe we could meet up, Josh

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
bmwusa said:
I hope the Renegades down south comment was directed at Rob and myself, I kind of like the ring to that, and if it wasnt just let me know what I need to do to earn that Honory titlehiha , Im not 100% positive but there is a chance we "Rob and myself" will be up in houston in a week and a half for an exhaust install and maybe some dyno work, maybe we could meet up, Josh
Tell when and where and we can try and meet. Hopefully it will not be on the 9th and 10th of May, I'm in Vegas making a donation.

And yes I was referring to ya'll down there. :D

Mark

·
Registered
837 Posts
MAH said:
Tell when and where and we can try and meet. Hopefully it will not be on the 9th and 10th of May, I'm in Vegas making a donation.

And yes I was referring to ya'll down there. :D

Mark
I think it will be friday the 6th and saturday the 7th, I am going to get a baseline dyno run then have a Kelleners exhaust and supersprint x-pipe thrown on and then re dyno. And Rob wants to get his car up on the Dyno as well, as it gets closer I well let you know, by the way I am totally stoked about the Renegade title, Josh

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MAH said:
Mike,

Congrats,

Mark
Thanks! The Hill Country is definitely a good area in Texas for cruises. As a matter of fact, our Z club has one set up for Saturday.

Keep me in the loop and I would be glad to help set something up.

-Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bmwusa said:
I think it will be friday the 6th and saturday the 7th, I am going to get a baseline dyno run then have a Kelleners exhaust and supersprint x-pipe thrown on and then re dyno. And Rob wants to get his car up on the Dyno as well, as it gets closer I well let you know, by the way I am totally stoked about the Renegade title, Josh
Where in Houston do you do your tuning/dyno time? I've used RSI (DynoJet) and currently use SGP now that they picked up a Dynapack.

As an aside, we generally do 2 open dyno days a year here in Austin with the Z group - spring and fall. There are both Mustang and Dynojet dynos here in town.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Mike (Austin) said:
Where in Houston do you do your tuning/dyno time? I've used RSI (DynoJet) and currently use SGP now that they picked up a Dynapack.

As an aside, we generally do 2 open dyno days a year here in Austin with the Z group - spring and fall. There are both Mustang and Dynojet dynos here in town.
Im not sure on the specifics as Rob is making all the arrangements, but I am sure when he reads this he will be able to answer for you. I just do as I'm told, show up when they tell me, do what they say, Just joking. I must be thinking of my day Job, Josh

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
the shop is Bavarian Hyper Sports in West Humble, TX (north of houston) and Joel (the owner) runs a Dynojet.

Joels shop is by far the most well known for BMW work in all of TX...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Mike (Austin) said:
Aaahh - LMB. My favorite color. Jet black was the second choice.

If you have the time, PM me and perhaps we could meet for lunch or something. I'd love to see the car.
Nice car, Mike - thanks for posting the pics...I always like seeing others' M5's. I'm in Austin next weekend for a kart race, not sure if I'll be bringing my M5, but on the 12th or 13th I have business in town and I'll def. be bringing it in. Take care and welcome (Go Horns, spent 10 years in Austin in the 90's). Woo hoo!:flag:

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Mike (Austin) said:
Thanks! The Hill Country is definitely a good area in Texas for cruises. As a matter of fact, our Z club has one set up for Saturday.

Keep me in the loop and I would be glad to help set something up.

-Mike
I'll get back to you about setting up a run.

Thanks,

Mark

1 - 19 of 19 Posts