BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was @ my BMW dealer picking up the beast from service I happen to pick up an 08 brouchure as I was skimming through it I noticed that Carbon Black has now been added as another color choic, funny when I was ordering mine carbon blk would have been extra,:grrrrr: seems like there were 2 printings of the 08 brochure.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
I understand Carbon Black is now a stock colour. A bit late but BMW have finally responded to customer requests.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
My M3 which is my track car (gutted inside, roll cage, etc) is carbon black. I love the response I get from people. Is it blue? Black? I say it's both. Glad to see BMW is offering it again.

·
Registered
288 Posts
just like black - carbon black is beautiful when cleaned

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I have a brand new M5 ordering guide in front of me.........hot off BMWNA proprietary site and Carbon black is not a standard color in the US of A.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi Barry is it for a 2009 or a 2008 M5?

thanks,

Andrew

·
Registered
288 Posts
thanks

·
Registered
915 Posts
My M3 which is my track car (gutted inside, roll cage, etc) is carbon black. I love the response I get from people. Is it blue? Black? I say it's both. Glad to see BMW is offering it again.
i went through it everyday, man do i miss that m3. :sad1:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a brand new M5 ordering guide in front of me.........hot off BMWNA proprietary site and Carbon black is not a standard color in the US of A.
It now offered....check with dealer...i saw the latest printing @ my delaer

·
Registered
476 Posts
Carbon Black is now on the 550

nt

·
Registered
173 Posts
Carbon Black is available on the BMW Canada web site now. Looks like just the USA can't get it (yet?).

·
Registered
125 Posts
how does carbon black differ from sapphire or gloss black? same appearance and texture as primer?

·
Registered
476 Posts
They should keep some ///M colors exclusive to Ms

I like Carbon Black a lot - they should have never allowed this on the 550

·
Registered
637 Posts
+1 Had this color on my E39! I love the color, but I am sad to see it on a non-///M car, although I think they have offered it for non-///M cars in the past as well.:dunno: Not sure though.

I like Carbon Black a lot - they should have never allowed this on the 550

1 - 20 of 27 Posts