BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been doing some research and posting a couple threads here and there but I only just finally got the car! Yesterday, I flew out to Cleveland, Ohio to pick up my beast. After about 9 hours of driving south, my wife and I arrived in Charlotte NC at 2:30AM. In the new car, it didn't feel like much of a drive at all! Anyhow, here are some pictures (off the dealer web site).

Attachments

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, these pictures are from the dealership website. I will take my own pictures soon!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9550/5.0.0.320 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Grats!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Congratulations! Enjoy the car! How many miles?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Congrats! There are a ton of e39 m5's here. What part of town are you in? I'm near SouthPark mall. Enjoy! I'll keep an eye out for you.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats! There are a ton of e39 m5's here. What part of town are you in? I'm near SouthPark mall. Enjoy! I'll keep an eye out for you.
I live in the Ballantyne area off Johnston Rd.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW, where do you take to get your car serviced? Is there a good indy in the Charlotte area that you'd recommend?

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
My car never needs servicing.;) I do most of the small stuff.
Mike @ Eurowise and John @ CES Motorsport are both really good guys.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Congrats and enjoy your new car!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the welcome guys!

I just found out that the angel eyes ring does not illuminate on one of the lights. Is this something that's fix able or do I have to replace the whole headlamp unit? Does anyone know?

Looks like I need to search for some previous threads...

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Congrats! It's great to have another beast in the Charlotte area!

I have only been pleased with service from Eurowerks. That and CES are near each other and down your way.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Enjoy!!!

Very nice example, looks really clean.

Welcome to the board and to the ownership of one of the finest cars ever produced.

It's a real sweet car, isn't it?

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice example, looks really clean.

Welcome to the board and to the ownership of one of the finest cars ever produced.

It's a real sweet car, isn't it?

Regards,
Alan
It's sweet indeed! I was grinning the whole time, ear to ear, on my drive down. It was about 9 hrs straight but, it felt much shorter!

·
Registered
28 Posts
BTW, these pictures are from the dealership website. I will take my own pictures soon!
Wasn't she on ebay a couple weeks ago? If I wasn't in Cali, I would of picked her up, she's clean, but I settled for a local ride...congrats.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wasn't she on ebay a couple weeks ago? If I wasn't in Cali, I would of picked her up, she's clean, but I settled for a local ride...congrats.
Thanks.

I don't think the car was ever listed on ebay, though I'm not 100% certain...

·
Registered
4 Posts
congrats! not trying to steal your thread but i'm also a n00b to the forum. had several M cars but owned my E39 beast for about 2 years. i'm just 20 minutes north of chorlotte in kannapolis area. can't pm anyone cause i'm new but if anyone knows doolemite tell him i met him at cars and coffee. my car: black e39 m5, my name is Justin:byebye:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Congrats! It's great to have another beast in the Charlotte area!

I have only been pleased with service from Eurowerks. That and CES are near each other and down your way.
+1 on Eurowerks. Have been very pleased working with Jack and James.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts