BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw an M5 in the short term parking at SFO airport this morning around 9am. I get closer to it. Jet black and Silverstone interior trim. Then I realize that the car had just been keyed. The dust from the paint/metal was still on there. And not on one door, but almost all around. What a sad sight! The car had not even registration plates yet... I suppose this happened overnight, as these cowards are certainly not brave enough to do it during the busy hours. Car keying is not unknown of in San Francisco, but it's quite rare. Still the M5 seems to be a common target according to this board. Be careful where you park!!!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
I'll save the explicatives. I was rather shocked to see one in overnight too (but this one was Carbon with Caramel).

Deranged, bloody....

--Dan

·
Registered
907 Posts
Don't leave your car at the airport! I would never dream of leaving my M5 in short or long-term. Here are few observations about the airport: (1) A lot of levels at long-term parking garages are very quiet throughout the day and night--giving an individual plenty of time to key it. (2) Cars and wheels are regularly stolen from long-term parking (3) Ever see people dragging tons of luggage between cars while dashing for the elevators to make their flight? I get a ride or take a cab!

MJ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts