BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to a fellow board member, i picked up a slightly used set of M audio subs today, and installed them in my 00 M5 this evening. There are several threads on this for the details and how-to. This is a nice mod for those of us with an 00 car. I am not an audiophile, but to my ears, the improvement is dramatic over the oe nokia 5.25" sub box. The M subs may way a touch less too!
On my 6/00 production car, there were 2 of the 3 needed holes to mount the subs, and i drilled for the third. Really pretty straightforward, after finding something to hold the speakers up under the deck while i lined up and threaded the bolts from the top. I took apart the nokia sub box and removed the wiring harness from that, to avoid having to cut into the car's harness.

Overall, there is noticably more base, a nice tight sound that you can feel thru your seat. To my ears, it was certainly worth the 2 hours it took to install, and you can get the subs pretty inexpensively from someone who has upgraded to a "real system."

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Are thinking of exchanging the OEM speakers in the doors? This would be the next incremental upgrade for you. There really was an inproved difference in the bass between the M-audio of the MY01 and the standard system in the MY00. Good upgrade.

Mark

·
10,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe someday, at this point, i'm pretty happy with the system.
Mike

MAH said:
Are thinking of exchanging the OEM speakers in the doors? This would be the next incremental upgrade for you. There really was an inproved difference in the bass between the M-audio of the MY01 and the standard system in the MY00. Good upgrade.

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts