BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Lidatek saves the day AGAIN. Here’s the details:

Haven’t had the beast out for over a month because of the wintery weather. But today it was nearly 60 (F) and sunny, dry roads, so I took the beast to the local ski resort to pick up the kids.

Going Northbound on US131 just North of Kalamazoo, MI there’s a long downhill righthand sweeper. There was a pesky minivan in the passing lane holding up traffic so I took the opportunity to scoot past, jumping in the passing lane and let ‘er rip. Wide open road, no traffic ahead at all! Ohhhhhhh! it feels soooo good! What a great car. I have my speed limit dinger-thingy (whatever it’s called) set at 85MPH and it gives a ding. I’m still accelerating when the Lidatek goes nuts! Guessing around 90-95 MPH (speed limit 70). I let up on the gas and apply the brakes lightly. About 3 seconds later the Valentine -1 laser warning goes off.

Now there’s the cop, Michigan State Police, and he’s in the Emergency Vehicle turn-around lane in the median hiding behind an abandoned car. I remember that abandoned car on my first trip to drop off the kids, as it’s rare to see a non-emergency vehicle perpendicular to traffic in the median like that. The cop had his cruiser positioned just behind the abandoned car, window open and shooting the laser gun over the trunk of the abandoned car. VERY SNEAKY!

I held the speedo at about 78 and went by. He never moved.... shew! LOVE the Lidatek!

On the way back home I wanted to point out to my 13 year-old where the cop was hiding, but before we reached his hiding spot, the cop already had a young male driver pulled over, both hands behind his neck and the State Trooper was patting him down. Just glad (and very lucky!) that it wasn’t me. This is the first time I've encountered Laser on the freeway, usually it's the local or county police around town...

·
Registered
400 Posts
The Lidatek is certainly one of the all time great bargain mods I have ever heard of. Every time it works it's money back in your pocket.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pete said:
The Lidatek is certainly one of the all time great bargain mods I have ever heard of. Every time it works it's money back in your pocket.
True Pete, what we have here is a ticket condom!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts