BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my StealthOne Unit installed this morning. Works great and I've set it up to get rid of the annoying 'Lawyer-in-the-Nav' Accept Screen. :hihi:

My next purchase will be either the Lidatek or Laser Blinder.

Regards,

Greg :M5launch:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Be sure to download the latest software update for the StaealthOne. I believe it is still V1.5

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
howler said:
Be sure to download the latest software update for the StaealthOne. I believe it is still V1.5
I was worried that mine (purchased 2 weeks ago) wouldn't have the latest SW.... not to worry, it does.

When you get to the bottom of the setup menu, it tells you the version "V1.5" (I think)

I figure the auto-accept is worth half the price alone!

A

·
Registered
635 Posts
I am getting my V1 & Lidatek installed on the 5/17/05 just wonder what would the average cost be to connect the stealth-one

Regards,

Marion

·
Registered
20 Posts
Osodog said:
The installation is very easy, something you can do yourself. If it was done by a professional, should not take more than 1 yr to do.
"1 yr" Sorry couldn't resist

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mvious said:
I am getting my V1 & Lidatek installed on the 5/17/05 just wonder what would the average cost be to connect the stealth-one

Regards,

Marion
I paid less than $100 US. I got an excellent professional installation. I checked out three installers. Two car stereo (and 'other electronic devices') installers, one shop specializing in general repairs to German cars.

The stereo installer I chose did the job in 2.25 hours but only charged me for 2 hours.

Regards,

Greg :cheers:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Excellent choice Greg...

Have had mine for over a year now...get that Lidatek asap.It's priceless.Let me know if you require help accessing one..

GregC

·
Registered
399 Posts
Excellent choice Greg...

Have had mine for over a year now...get that Lidatek asap.It's priceless.Let me know if you require help accessing one..

GregC

·
Registered
635 Posts
Whats the "Lawyer-in-the-Nav" accept screen.

Where do you have your Led light mounted?

Regards,

Marion
Last 03 5 said:
I had my StealthOne Unit installed this morning. Works great and I've set it up to get rid of the annoying 'Lawyer-in-the-Nav' Accept Screen. :hihi:

My next purchase will be either the Lidatek or Laser Blinder.

Regards,

Greg :M5launch:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Last 03 5 said:
an excellent professional installation.
Whatever that is...

I did it in about an hour and a half- and custom made a few RJ11 cables so that there was not excess that had to be bundled up and stuffed into the headliner. Also shortened and recrimped power, ground and IBus so there was no extra- and re-wrapped them into the factory harness.

A professional that has done this before should take an hour- if they just open, connect, stuff and close.

Anybody thinking of tackling this, it is easy- and there is pictoral help in various posts.

A

PS The 'lawyer' screen is the screen of text that appears at start up with the disclaimer- it requires you to "accept" using the nav button. The S1 has a function that generates a simple 'nav button press signal' and sends it over the I Bus a few seconds after start up to automatically clear the screen.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
The StealthOne install is a piece of cake. I installed it in 30 minutes and it took another 5 minutes or so to get it configured. The website has excellent install and configure instructions in PDF files. Save yourself the money and do it yourself...even if it takes an hour, it's not bad at all if you have any mechanical aptitude. :cheers:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mvious said:
Where do you have your Led light mounted?

Regards,

Marion
I believe that you are thinking of the Lidatek which has a Led that flashes in addition to the audio alarm.

I just have the Valentine1 and StealthOne - no Led with either. The StealthOne is now providing info from the Valentine1 in the instrument cluster. A Nav display is also an option but I prefer the IC.

Regards,

Greg

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GregC said:
Excellent choice Greg...

GregC
Greg,

Do you have a Canadian based source? The worst part of the StealthOne delivery was reading the Riot Act to UPS regarding their "Brokerage Fees".

Regards,

Greg

·
Registered
28 Posts
howler said:
Does anyone have the pinout for the upgrade cable? I have yet to install mine and I wanted to upgrade it before installing.
Thanks

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
HireM5 said:
Does anyone have the pinout for the upgrade cable? I have yet to install mine and I wanted to upgrade it before installing.
Thanks
Are you sure it isn't at 1.5 already???

The sticker on the unit is the hardware/firmware revision...NOT the software that is loaded in prior to shipping. They tell me that if the SW has been release, all units are upgraded prior to shipping.

here are the pinouts- I've not built one yet, so I cannot vouch for the accuracy- got this from Jaric.

A

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts