BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after getting new software, Dinan CAI and MAF's along with a dealer installed Supersprint exhaust I have to say THIS THING IS AWESOME :flag: :thumbsup: I asolutely love the mods the sound the responsiveness and my butt dyno tells me there are acutally some real gains.

On another note, do I really need the water boxes that come with the Dinan CAI? They seem like a total waste.

·
Super Moderator
10,461 Posts
DrewT said:
On another note, do I really need the water boxes that come with the Dinan CAI? They seem like a total waste.

if you plan on taking the car out in the rain, i would. They're actually cleverly designed to catch water entering into filter area thru the open fog lamp surround, keeping it away from the filter, while still alloing air to get into the filter area. I suppose if you keep your closed fog lamp surround in place, you'd probably be ok without the water baffles (i'd still install the heat shields though), but you might be loosing out on a few hp at speed, when you're possibly getting a little positive air pressure in the filter area, with the baffles in place.
Mike

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really you think. The little holes don't seem like they would do anything to stop water and look like they prevent airflow. Without directions which way do they go in? holes toward the filter and big opening toward the fog light right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts