BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car refuses to accept one of the keys - alarm goes off if you open the door with the key - won't work with comfort access (stops alarm after inserting into dash). Other key is fine. Dealer has confirmed that nothing is wrong with the key but that "the car refuses to accept it" - weird! I have a feeling they'll want to reprogram the whole car so I'm going to wait until next service..

·
Registered
60 Posts
Could it be that you haven't used that key in a while and that it's battery got drained and lost all programming? That's why I usually cycle the use of all three keys remotes that came with the car and from time to time I plug the key in the ignition slot after several days of going keyless with comfort access to charge it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No it's the key I normally use and tried fitting a new battery (and using the battery from the key that works!). The key does not charge from the slot if you have comfort access btw. Also how come you have three keys?! I only have 2!

·
Registered
459 Posts
There is a programming/linking procedure to follow to pair up a key that the car no longer recgonizes. The dealership should be familiar with the process, and it only takes about 5-10 minutes.

Worst comes to worst they will have to hook it up to the Gt1 system and recode the key. It's very simply accomplished -- In fact, I deactivated one of my keys yesterday at the dealership because I lost it :(.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts