1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
i have no confidence that any auction for a spot for a car on ebay has been legit...

i read the second (current) auction details and nowhere does it say at what price you are getting the car. so theoretically you could pay this guy $25k and have to pay the dealer msrp plus another $25k or whatever...who knows?? how many dealers have had wait lists at msrp and then changed their minds.....

i find these shenanigans pretty amusing...

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you are right. I've got a feeling that unscrupulous persons are just testing the proverbial waters to see what the market will bear. I was doing business with a dealer in a nearby city and after accepting terms to be number #3 on their wait list he called me back and told me I would have to pay $5000. over MSRP for the privilage. I cancelled my deposit/order and took my business elswhere. I have since secured the number #4 slot at another dealer close by. I also got everything in writing and that the vehicle would be delivered to me at MSRP.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's not a scam, I actually posted the auction in question. However, everyone of course thinks they're getting the whole car for $20k, so you never get validated bids. If anyone is seriously interested in a top spot (and not for a ridiculous $40k), let me know.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Good!! I was just about to kick myself for selling my #1 spot on the waitlist for only $5k. :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
AbruzziBoy said:
Yes, you are right. I've got a feeling that unscrupulous persons are just testing the proverbial waters to see what the market will bear. I was doing business with a dealer in a nearby city and after accepting terms to be number #3 on their wait list he called me back and told me I would have to pay $5000. over MSRP for the privilage. I cancelled my deposit/order and took my business elswhere. I have since secured the number #4 slot at another dealer close by. I also got everything in writing and that the vehicle would be delivered to me at MSRP.
Be curious to know which dealer you are working with. You can email me offline if you want ([email protected]).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts