BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Bob

DHL Postpaket will accept the wheels if packed in separate boxes at a cost of 82 Euro each for postage to Australia.

I have had 2 sets of wheels sent to me by German vendors in this manner. The first a set of staggered throwing stars and the second, a set of M-Parallels (like the one's you are looking at - mine arrived last week!!).

If you can refer the seller to the following website, and request he sends you the rims only (sans tyres), he may change his mind. Also, let him know you will offer him a high final bid - may budge him a bit as well.

I have also been required to pay by direct deposit - very easy into Germany - and eases the vendor's concerns that you might be an EBay shark of some sort. And with EBay you will have some protection if he doesn't send the wheels.

Also, if you can spoon feed him with wheels weights etc (about 12kg from memory) to make it all easy, may improve your chances.

DHL site to look at is:
http://www.posttip.de/besttarif.asp?content=paket&Gewicht=12%2C5&zone=Australien&LaufZeit=0&laenge=35&Abholung=2&Breite=25&BallungStart=1&Hoehe=15&BallungZiel=1&format=diagramm&Submit.x=15&Submit.y=7

Good luck with it all and see you on Thursday.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it looks like I convinced the seller to ship to Australia, so thanks to David for words of wisdom and hopefully the wheels will be sold to me...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BobZ

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
sexy wear

Bob

I see the M Parallels sold to 'Sexy Wear' who appears to be Australian. Is that your EBay handle, or did you miss out on the wheels?

Nice meeting you last Thursday by the way.

Cheers

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
THEY are ALL mine, mine I tell yaaaa.

Now all I have to do is get the guy to reply to my messages to arrange shipping........

And they come with Michelin Pilot Sports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a good time for all last week, shame my car was not there.

BobZ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
bobz
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing