BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Interesting... they also have a B11 3.5 for sale, I see.

So this is where the Alpinas keep going!

·
Registered
76 Posts
not an Alpina item, I think. probably a radar detector display or something
similar to avoid speeding tickets....

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
hythe said:
Interesting... they also have a B11 3.5 for sale, I see.

So this is where the Alpinas keep going!
No kidding, Robert is snatching them all up and bringing them to Canada :D

I bought the B11 3.5 5sp you'll see on the Sold page (#122).
puppypilgrim said:
Very interesting Jeff. This one seems to have a computer\digital display thing on the left side of the steering wheel above the head light switch. Anyone know what that is?
Victor, betcha anything it's a controller for a CD changer. I think I can make out "Panasonic" on it, as well as "disc" and "track". It looks like a Japan car... they put this kind of stuff on the cars all the time. At least, I think so based on the shape of the number plate.

·
Registered
595 Posts
dchyde said:
Very nice car, has anyone ever gotten a BiTurbo US Federalized? Or is that impossible?
I hope it's possible. I have biturbo #362 on a ship right now heading for California. If it goes smoothly my partner an I are going to buy one or two more for resale.

Greg S.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
scorpion928 said:
Better hands??? You don't think my hands are good enough?

Robert
Robert, I think he's more worried about whomever owned it previously in the land of the rising sun, specifically having fitted that classy CD changer control. Ah the early 90's...

--jeff, drooling over 3.8 litre M5s...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Greg,

I am very curious to see how it goes. Please PM me when you are in the process. I have a Euro M5 so I can imagine some of the things you might have to go through, but I wonder if the biturbo would be any different. Does it have the electric cats?

Gerg said:
I hope it's possible. I have biturbo #362 on a ship right now heading for California. If it goes smoothly my partner an I are going to buy one or two more for resale.

Greg S.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Robert, did you buy it from the firm or are you the owner who imported it? ;) I mostly meant that I wish somebody (like Puppy) who really appreciates the car will buy it.. if thats you ;) that good :)

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
JeffCullen said:
I bought the B11 3.5 5sp you'll see on the Sold page (#122).
Very nice... always loved the E31, E32 and E34 models - such a great era for both BMW and Alpina!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Taipan said:
Robert, did you buy it from the firm or are you the owner who imported it? ;) I mostly meant that I wish somebody (like Puppy) who really appreciates the car will buy it.. if thats you ;) that good :)
Robert IS Splendid Automobiles. On the sold page you'll see a green BiTurbo which was sold to another local enthusiast. I'm sure the blue one will find a good home...
hythe said:
Very nice... always loved the E31, E32 and E34 models - such a great era for both BMW and Alpina!
Thanks. She's a beaut!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Taipan said:
thats what I wanted to hear.. hope she finds a good home and I am sure its in great hands until then :)

cheers
No question. Robert is a true enthusiast who appreciates and respects these fine machines.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi Guys...

I'm actively looking to buy this BT...loan approved and all. Puppypilgrim, i'm also in Vancouver so you'll have someone to cruise with :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hi The Mech,

Welcome to the Alpina family! Robert is indeed bringing in a blue Bi-Turbo which will be arriving soon. I hope everything goes through smoothly so you can enjoy the BT as soon as possible.

Since I acquired my white one in May, I have been steadily enjoying car along with my wife and child. I became a member of the BMW Car Club of BC and have just participated in 2 events: the drive to Harrison Hot Springs in May and the Father's Day drive just last Sunday to Mission Springs restaurant through a network of B roads and country roads. Travelling in a convoy, quite a delightful drive with room for some nice cornering through the twisties.

My BT has gone through its first oil change, I'm staying with mineral oil 15W-40 at 196,000 km. The blue BT has much less kms than mine. Aside from a windshield washer tank sensor that failed and had to be bypassed and a water temperature sender (sensor) that failed and was replaced, I haven't had any issue come up with the car.

I am in the process of installing a recirculating blow off valve for my BT using the folks I know at Garage Five in Richmond who are very familiar with forced induction vehicles - although not specifically BMWs. There are very few BMW places who are familiar with forced induction in Vancouver (this will change with the new 3 series which has a 6 cylinder twin turbo engine like the BT). This should improve the driveability of the engine and throttle response below the dead zone of 3,000 rpm. Heel and toe will respond a lot better.

The front brakes on my BT give off a lot of brake dust (still original Lucas Girling setup). So last week I waxed the wheels to assist in protecting the wheel finish and to ease cleaning. I highly recommend waxing the 20 spoke Alpina wheels. The brake dust won't bite into the wheels as much and makes it marginally easier to clean.

I've PM'ed you so give me a call if you have any questions.

·
Registered
136 Posts
^thanks for the welcome!....PM returned

1 - 19 of 19 Posts