BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today i broke my second slave cylinder. Its this eyehook looking piece of plastic. Luckily i was able to coast into a gas station and not be stranded in the middle of the street.
Does anyone make a more durable piece for the slave cylinder. Like a metal one???
I think the race clutch being harder to push is the culprit in these events.

josh.

·
Registered
444 Posts
phillym5 said:
Well today i broke my second slave cylinder. Its this eyehook looking piece of plastic. Luckily i was able to coast into a gas station and not be stranded in the middle of the street.
Does anyone make a more durable piece for the slave cylinder. Like a metal one???
I think the race clutch being harder to push is the culprit in these events.

josh.
You are describing the clutch master cylinder. Is it located inside the car under the dash? This part, and the clutch pedal itself, would be better constructed of metal but welcome to the new age. I am running the Sachs Race Engineering clutch and pressure plate and have not had a problem in 15,000 miles. But I am also using the larger 850CSi/early Euro E39 slave cylinder that reduces the loading on the master cylinder and clutch pedal.

Regards, Dick Roberts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is exactly what it is. The one i got installed today is white instead of black. It looked a little more beafier than the last one. Hopefully it will hold up longer this time.

josh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts