BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have developed this annoying rattle from the vents above the two rear window speakers. I put a little pressure with my index fingers on the two air vents the rattle stops. The problem is that this thing rattles even at low volume levels, anything with bass and it rattles

Has anyone experienced this? I will bring my car by the dealership tomorrow and have them inspect it, hopefully it will be remedied.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Unfortunately, I've begun to notice the same from my rear deck. It never happened in my 98 six-speed 540 with aftermarket sub and MUCH high db listening.

What dealership do you frequent? I've given up on Global, switched to Chris, but plan on using Hank Aaron's airport valet service.

Please post your reaction from the service folks.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny you should ask that. I just scheduled an appointment with Global and they refused me a courtesy car because I did not buy my car from them. Well anyhow, I've decided to cancel the appointment (to fix the rattle and replace the shift knob) and go with Chris BMW.

Chris BMW also did my 1200 mile service checkup. Other than recommending the wrong oil (my sticker says 5W-30 but they insisted on 10W-60) they've been pretty good.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Global was a tremendous shock after being well treated at EVERY previous dealership over last 8 years (Austin, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, and Jacksonville--where I bought the M5). The term 'feel like a number' fit too well there.
Chris does good work. I've always received use of a loaner (see if M Coupe or M Roadster is available!), despite purchasing my cars elsewhere. Only issue: I got frustrated when I came in for an appointment and my rotors had been returned after I had to reschedule (even 'though I specifically asked if everything was in).
Because I travel so much, the thought of having my car serviced while I'm out of town really works for me. Also, the service advisor (Carl Kircher, former Chris BMW) has been lead instructor at a number of CCA Driving Schools. He's "aftermarket-friendly" and has really worked with me well in the past.
Let me know how the rattle issue gets resolved!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts