BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know the Velcro pads attached to the carpet (not the floormat, but the actual floor) - the plastic ones. WHY DO THEY KEEP COMING OUT? I hate having to screw them back in almost every time I vacuum the carpets.

Anyone else having little things annoying them?

--Dan

·
Registered
128 Posts
dan,
try getting a good-sized screwdriver, and pushing down hard on the discs and then tightening them. you should feel the screw "bite" and get tight, and then they will stay in place, even when you remove the mats for cleaning. anyway, that was my experience.
the only annoyance i have so far is some noise coming from the trunk area or rear deck when i'm on slighly rough roads. it sounds sort of like a briefcase bouncing around. i think it might be all the goofy panels on the floor of the trunk, or maybe the headrest for the right rear back seat. the dealer tried putting padding around the straps for the gas tank, but that was not the source of the noise. probably the worst thing about this wonderful machine is not being able to drive it fast without anxiety. i've already had two tickets, and one is going to cost me $750. i love the car, and i recommend the dinan software; much better throttle response in both modes.
michael

·
Registered
73 Posts
Michael s: The rattle you hear is coming from the rear deck. If you open the trunk and tap on the underside of the rear deck you'll hear that familiar rattle. Mine did that with 3 miles on it. It was one of the first things I noticed. The dealer put padding or foam up in there that took care of it.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
My minor annoyances:

1) The detent that holds the door open is too far out for most situations - if I can't swing the door WIDE open, it is always trying to close on me. Therefore I always end up scuffing the storage pocket with my shoe.

2) The rear sunshade won't go up with the key in the off position or out. I often forget to put it up after parking until after I've shut the engine off - wish I still could.

3) The computer display makes some things harder than they should be, like choosing a different equalization curve/echo setting for the stereo. I like my music with a bit of echo, but it drives me nuts when the DJ is talking. In my 540, I could switch settings with a single button. Now it is multiple steps.

/G

·
Registered
128 Posts
one2000m5,
thanks for the suggestion. i did tap on the underside of the deck, and i agree, the noise it makes sounds like my problem. when that gets taken care of, the car will be damned near perfect.
michael

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anybody ever have the plastic cover on the instrument panel start to buzz?

This only happened to me once, after a 4 hour highway trip. Just as I was getting into town, I started hearing a god-awful buzzing/rattling from in front of me. A little experimenting quickly isolated it to the instrument cover. When I pressed on it, the buzz went away.

The next day, it was gone and I haven't heard it again. It's been quiet for about 5 weeks now.

Rick

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I keep scuffing the damn door pocket too.

Mike:
Yea, i did that and it took care of it. How fast was that second ticket there?
Perhaps a V1 would help?

--Dan

·
Registered
128 Posts
dan,
i had a valentine one hard wired before i left the dealership the first day (a practice carried over from my '92 M5). i was caught by a state trooper using instant on very selectively. i wasn't going exceptionally fast. i just had the misfortune of getting caught in a "bad" county, where the judge doesn't like to deal. my costs are for "making it go away."
happy motoring,
michael

·
Registered
67 Posts
1. rattle from decklid
2. scuffing side of door
3. No seal around gas cap. when you wash the car water seeps into the gas cap area, about 1/2 cup of water. When you go to drive your nice clean car, the water spills all over the side.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
1. Lots of water in fuel filler compartment after washing.
2. Having to press the Sport mode every time
3. 2nd - 3rd gear change when changing fast.
4. No spare wheel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts