BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
EDIT:
20km and first trafficlights and *Bling* engine reduced power....
after that 3h parked and starting and nothing errors! and then again 20km to home and *Bling*
error is always coming when i have warm engine and i stop.

hmm what that charge adjustment means ?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Hello. I have to bring this back same problem after installing plugs and injectors.. is it really MAF SENOR or something else is causing this. Pls advise
Take a picture of your intake plenums as they are currently installed and post it here.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Had similar issue recently. Smoke test performed and found what Jcolley has mention with the couplers. Being worked out tomorrow on my car will report back if corrected my problem.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi hassan it was a DIY thing of course with the help of a friends garage. A month ago I have replaced the MAF sensor and pump. It didn't help .. perhaps something not correctly installed. Not really sure what

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello. I have to bring this back same problem after installing plugs and injectors.. is it really MAF SENOR or something else is causing this. Pls advise
Take a picture of your intake plenums as they are currently installed and post it here.
Hello Jcolley

Pls find attached photo of current intake installation. Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Is it bank 1 giving the error? Your bank 1 plenum looks ever so slightly raised in the inside rear corner. I bet if you remove it again, you'll see one of the rear throttle body couplers rolled or pinched

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have been experiencing this same issue. I have tried everything from pulling fuses(F30/F72), replacing fuel pump relay and both MAF's, etc. After reading this post, I removed my intakes and one of my intake boots was pinched after throttle actuator and idle actuator replacement. I replaced that boot on the intake plenum with a new one since it had gotten deformed and I couldn't get back in shape. I reinstalled everything carefully and even made sure with a inspection camera that no boots are rolled or pinched. I actually installed Bank 2 intake first so make sure I didn't pinch the same boot again.

A few months ago, I was getting catalytic converter "inefficiency" codes so I got an Active Autowerke 02 bypass tune so I would stop getting this annoying code because I didn't want to spend $$ on new convertors, however the O2 sensors are still plugged in and cats are still there. The car ran fine for a few weeks like this.

While chasing the 2738 Filling plausibility code, I was looking at some live data from my code reader and noticed my exhaust temps on Bank 2 were at 2200F, while Bank 1 was around 550F. I fixed this by replacing the exhaust temp sensor on bank 2. I wish I knew this before bypassing the O2 sensors because now I think my cats were fine? When I unplugged the bad exhaust temp sensor on bank 2, it would trigger some fault code for Mass Air Sensor Bank 2, nothing related to the exhaust temp sensor!

Does anybody advise I go back to the original tune and see if that works? Its my understanding that the DME takes data from the MAF's and O2 sensors, and it is detecting air after the MAF has measured so that's whats triggering the 2738 filling error code. Also, I was thinking about getting an Evolve tune at this point that will bypass my MAF's because I don't know what it can be.

I have tripled checked my intake plenums and positive there is no vacuum or air leaks.

The 2738 Fill Plausibility code comes on after about 10 mins of driving.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I've tried everything but the MAF located in the secondary air injection line near the pump.

-Hyder

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts