BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's driving me crazy!

I hope you can help with this really annoying problem.

I bought this 2005 M5 3 years ago, all seemd really nice, but the car started rough idle and stalling at lights, losing power when driving at highway since last year. Everything happened rather occassionally, and always when engine was warm and hot weather.

I took it to a garage and dealer had it thoroughly checked. Spark plugs, cables, air and fuel filters etc, though nothing was found.

I also changed the all o2 sensor, maf, throttle actuator, alternator with regulator, etc......

People from the garage now think it is probably the Air Flow Sensor fault, which apparently is very difficult to find the reason.

I'm not an expert and don't really know what the problem is, but I have read a lot on the internet still no finding.

BMW Error code: 2738 Fill plausibility bank 2

I hope somebody with knowledge of this car and experience, can give me some advice please

Thanks in advance.

Howard

T

·
0 Posts
Pull the fuses for the fuel tank (there is one in the glovebox and one in the trunk. Put them back in and then turn the car back on. Should do the trick

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pull the fuses for the fuel tank (there is one in the glovebox and one in the trunk. Put them back in and then turn the car back on. Should do the trick

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks Troy Jeup!!!

Do you mean that have to pull all of the fuses in the glovebox and one in the trunk?

Thanks dude.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still no time and clip to replace the new one XDDD!!!!

BTW, I bought the fuel pump relay at well~~~~

Before replace the relay and new ordered 2nd MAF, I will let u know the result of the fuse pulling work or not definitely. ^^

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey dude~~~~

That's {{{{{ AMAZING }}}}} :eek:h:

After work, I replaced the new 20A fuses to trunk fuse box (2005 M5 fuel pump fuses position are No.50 and No.71 in trunk)
and replace the new fuel pump relay in glove box. I ran the beast into city first and it had no any rough idle, then I ran
around 50km to home at highway. At the first traffic light stop, there had no more rough and stalling.

Athough not sure related to fuses or relay, however it really worth to try and it becomes another CAR!!!!!!!

Millions thanks for your help TROP JEUP and JCOLLEY. :applause::applause:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice!!

Hey what relay in glowe box is for fuel pump? do you have oem number for that relay ?

Part and location for the fuel relay here:
Relay, fuel pump K96 BMW E60 sedan 48807

No. 1 position (green color)

By the way, it happened the stall and surge idle again after replaced a week.

I will try to looking the part set of seondary MAF and any leakage of Emission control-air pump~~

·
Registered
8 Posts
I still have this error on...BMW Error code: 2738 Filling, plausibility, bank 2- Air mass value not plausible....
i changed MAF1 to 2 and other way and still getting Bank 2 error code so its not broken MAF.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
I still have this error on...BMW Error code: 2738 Filling, plausibility, bank 2- Air mass value not plausible....
i changed MAF1 to 2 and other way and still getting Bank 2 error code so its not broken MAF.

Have you had your intake plenum off? It's possible an air leak is allowing air in that the MAF doesn't know about. Hat causes a lean mix which the pre-cat O2 sensor corrects then reports that it thinks the MAF is out to lunch.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
hmmm last "repair" at workshop they removed intake.
okey need to check intakes, any DIY "how to remove intake easily" :D

There is a DIY in the stickies. It isn't uncommon for one of the intake plenum rubber couplings to get rolled and squished. It will be very apparent when you remove it if that's the case. Lube the inner of the coupling with some oil on reinstallation and make life easier.

·
Registered
8 Posts
found something, Air filter box was 1cm away from pipe where outside air comes... the warm air can get in that way, but this is before MAF so not sure can that set error ?
i looked bank2 intakes whit mirrors and flashlight and all look good :|

Attachments

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
In my line of work, when a mechanic makes a mistake on a job, every other part of that job is questioned to fully bound the scope of the problem. That gap you found is much easier to install correctly than the plenums are. If that isn't done right...

The coupling fold usually happens inside the V of the engine, not the outside. I don't know how you can see that with mirrors.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts