BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So this project was originally started by me as a personal project and the scope changed a few times based on my whims, but with the guidance of my business partners we've nailed down the scope and we're pushing towards production. Our focus is on delivering a lightweight plenum assembly of carbon composite construction that reduces mass (~12lbs), reduces thermal transfer to the intake charge, maintains the variable resonance function, reduces the number of failure points, adds to the visual appeal of the engine bay, increases the upper chamber volume for high HP builds, improves on the crank case ventilation system and increases the aural experience.

Currently we're finalizing a few critical points of the design by running the stock plenum through another round of laser scanning to compare with our CAD data. We want to make sure you maintain OEM functionality and access to components for routine maintenance unlike any of the other offerings on the market that lack variable resonance tuning let alone an improved crank case ventilation system. Our goal is to have a running prototype/production model ready by October and we will be keeping you guys intimately involved.

Plenum_Scan_1.jpg

Greg | Angry ***

·
Registered
237 Posts
Very exciting to hear! Can't wait for the prototype to be shown here! Do you have a price estimate by any chance? So I know how much I need to save up for :-D

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Is this limited to e34?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very exciting to hear! Can't wait for the prototype to be shown here! Do you have a price estimate by any chance? So I know how much I need to save up for :-D
Hugo,

Thanks for the complement sir! We’re looking to be in the same range as other composite plenums that lack variable resonance but provide a complete bolt on solution that maintains the variable resonance.

- Greg | Angry ***

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So we've been asked by a few people if we can accommodate special requests for other chassis that have clearance issues, short answer is YES. If you need certain tweaks you'll just have to reach out and we'll do everything we can to help.

As promised we'll be releasing pics of components as we progress showing off the inner workings and complexity of the plenum, its been a hell of a fun project!

Part #1 Resonance flap: This is the beauty that the plenum is built around, same dimensions and material as OEM.

Resonance_Plate_1a.jpg

Part #2: Crankcase adapter. This unit provides an interface for our non-return valve for our new crankcase ventilation setup and the dipstick to the block. CNC machined and hard anodized black to maintain that OEM appearance.

Crankcase_Adapter_1a.jpg

As always we don't ask for a core for any parts to be salvaged from the OEM unit and we aren't compromising on any fitment or serviceability. More to come!

- Greg | Angry ***

1 - 11 of 11 Posts