BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

thinking of doing the angel eye mod - of course am only interested in OEM Hella's, but thinking of whether to do the Halogen upgrade (approx £300) or the xenon (approx £550-600)

I currently have non angel eye xenons on a 2000 car.

Whats your opinions - can you post pics of each so i can have some comparisons?

A virtual beer in it for all of you :cheers:
cheers
foxy

·
Registered
213 Posts
Not sure if the 500-600 you quoted are for the complete kits with ballons as if they are you could save some £££ by using the ones you already have. I believe though there are two types on MY00 cars, some of the early ones aren't compatible.

I was lucky enough 18months ago to get a set of Xenons for £320 on ebay, the ballons from the old lights switched accross, plus £8 of connectors from the stealer. It made such a difference!

I'd personally stick with xenons, but if its just the look you are after....

I am pretty sure that some of the people selling upgraded bulbs on ebay have photo's showing comparisons...

-Steve

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
yep, agree with steve above, go for the xenons dude, once you have them, you never go back to halogens! I've got complete xenon frontend now inc fogs.. and its da biz!!! :haha2:

Quite a straightforward swap, 4 x8mm bolts hold the lights in place, 2 at the top, and 2 at the back, ones just under the ballast, and the other behind ya dipper bulb.

checkout ebay for a set of lights.. they do come up on there fairly regularly

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys, missed a good set the other day, was bidding right upto the close - they went for 300 quid!!

Maybe i'll wait until another set comes up

cheers
foxy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Foxy.

Did mine a couple of years ago and was having the same thoughts. Went for xenons in the end and glad I did. Drove a 740 with halogens for a few weeks and it was like driving with candles compared to xenons! Gotta be worth it!

Cheers
Bry

·
Registered
63 Posts
foxyboym5 said:
Hey guys,

thinking of doing the angel eye mod - of course am only interested in OEM Hella's, but thinking of whether to do the Halogen upgrade (approx £300) or the xenon (approx £550-600)

I currently have non angel eye xenons on a 2000 car.

Whats your opinions - can you post pics of each so i can have some comparisons?

A virtual beer in it for all of you :cheers:
cheers
foxy
With Imola Red, you gotta go with the xenons!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I myself just got CCFL rings and fit them on my 99 M5 with Xenons. Not the same as there is the plastic cover infront of the lamps but for US$120 it ain bad. Will post pics when I get the chance.

Oh also have the added benefit that they are white instead of yellow angel eyes. :1:

- Kin

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the comments guys, appreciated. I guess if something's worth doing its worth doing properly, and since i already have non angel xenon's i'd probably miss the nice coloured light they offer.

cheers :M5thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts