BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest a well built angel eye led that replaces the oem bulb but does not flicker when you first start the BMW E39? I am looking for a set of the upgrade LEDs that is both well built and reliable for everyday use.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Umnitza makes several versions that are popular with other board members, depending on your application.

Personally I use Weisslicht V4 in my M5 and 3 series, both as DRLs and are bright enough during daylight hours to be very visible - and no flickering at startup.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: D-RodM5

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
NJE39M5, can you recommend a good vendor?

·
Registered
421 Posts
For umnitza: www.Umnitza.com

For Weisslicht: www.bimmian.com

Bimmian has a pretty generous return policy, I ordered a set of reverse light bulbs and didnt get around to installing them for over a month. I ended up going back to stock and they took them back with no questions asked for a full credit (got grills and a code reader instead).

Hope you find something that works for you!

Jason

Reactions: D-RodM5

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For umnitza: Umnitza|BMW Angel Eyes|LED Angel Eyes|Headlights|Lighting|Performance|Service|8774866489

For Weisslicht: BMW Accessories Lighting and Carbon Fiber from Bimmian for M3 F30 E90 E92 E46 M5 E60 F10 X5 Z4

Bimmian has a pretty generous return policy, I ordered a set of reverse light bulbs and didnt get around to installing them for over a month. I ended up going back to stock and they took them back with no questions asked for a full credit (got grills and a code reader instead).

Hope you find something that works for you!

Jason

Jason thanks for the recommendation on Weisslicht and Bimmian as a vendor. I also recall that another board member a few months back was talking about how much they enjoyed their weisslicht set up in their BMW.

Regards,

Jay

·
Registered
421 Posts
Jay - Not a problem!

Just to set expectations, IMO the weisslicht are a great 5 minute upgrade - Just open the hood, unplug/disconnect the halogens and install the LEDs. This being said, they are NOT as bright as the factory LED angel eyes on my '13 X5 in direct sunlight. If you are looking for something that bright, I believe that Umnitza makes an option which almost matches it - but it requires opening the headlights and doing some wiring. I would do a search or wait for other board members to chime in. Again, all depends on what you are looking for.

I'm planning to wash my car today, I can take some pictures if you're interested.

Jason

·
Registered
824 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Here a couple pics of what mine look like:

In garage:
ImageUploadedByAG Free1405610782.662829.jpg
ImageUploadedByAG Free1405610804.013708.jpg

Post wash, front in the sun:
ImageUploadedByAG Free1405610840.474570.jpg

In the street, full car in sunlight:
ImageUploadedByAG Free1405610890.908590.jpg

As I said, they arent as bright as the new factory LED halos, but They work for me.

Jason

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here a couple pics of what mine look like:

In garage:
View attachment 444385
View attachment 444393

Post wash, front in the sun:
View attachment 444401

In the street, full car in sunlight:
View attachment 444409

As I said, they arent as bright as the new factory LED halos, but They work for me.

Jason

They look great. I am not wanting or needing super bright halo lights. The output/performance of yours is what I am looking for. Thanks again.

Jay

Reactions: NJE39M5
1 - 9 of 9 Posts