BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THe headlamp adjuster replacement kit are for pre-angel eye headlights. On the horizontal adjuster fits in angel eye headlights. I tried my best to make the vertical one work, but it was futile.

It appears that no replacement is sold for this part, probably because the headlights are glued together and you are expected to buy an entirely new housing. Has anyone every tried to contact Hella directly to get this part?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HDClown said:
THe headlamp adjuster replacement kit are for pre-angel eye headlights. On the horizontal adjuster fits in angel eye headlights. I tried my best to make the vertical one work, but it was futile.

It appears that no replacement is sold for this part, probably because the headlights are glued together and you are expected to buy an entirely new housing. Has anyone every tried to contact Hella directly to get this part?
Welp, I take that back, the horizontal side doesn't even fit. The bulb doesn't extend far enough. Easy to modify to make it fit, but still not the right part.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HDClown said:
Welp, I take that back, the horizontal side doesn't even fit. The bulb doesn't extend far enough. Easy to modify to make it fit, but still not the right part.
Just remembered CA Automotive sold a set of metal adjusters. I thought they were the same as the kit BMW sells, but they're actually for Euro headlights

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56032

I guess I'll pick up a set of these. I have Euro's on the car now, but would like to fix my US Spec ones for the time when I need to sell the car, or to sell the US ones used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts