1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

has anyone tried this ?

Torque OBD 2 engine diagnostics — Torque

says that with a bluetooth obd adapter it can read and clear diagnostics as well as displaying various things your car is measuring / doing

on a side note has anyone bought any of the recommended bluetooth adapters and had good experiences?

k

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have had it since I bought my m5, its nowhere near as good as the proper tool, but useful to keep an eye on things easily and on my phone.

It does show fault codes but when my traction control light came on it didn't show any faults.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I use Torque with my bluetooth OBD-II adapter. I think it is awesome!!! They just updated the interface too. Reads my fault codes and provides a description.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The update looks alot better when you open it.

I thought it wasn't that good as it wasn't showing faults, surely my car must have a few :lol:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies gents.

russap5, have you been able to compare it with a peak reader ?

Also where did you get your bluetooth adapter?

Are you able to leave the obd adapter in place permanently ? will there be any battery drain issues?

k

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I was able to read the same codes between the peake reader and this app, and the app gives the description so you don't have to look them up. It also records the code each time it is found, so you will see the same code multiple times depending on the frequency. You can clear the codes too. However, the peake tool is able to do the oil reset and a few other little things.

Obviously, the Torque app has a lot of cool features the Peake doesn't like 0-60 timer, all sorts of different graphs of any data you want, completely customizable. Tracking GPS map if you want to map where you drive. Etc..

I don't leave mine plugged in permanently, but I will check to see if it loses power when the car is turned off.

There are numerous adapters available, but I wanted the slimmest one I could find. I bought mine from DealExtreme.com
DealExtreme: $52.99 ELM327 Bluetooth OBD-II Wireless Transceiver Dongle

·
Registered
285 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well this finally arrived.

It spears to work really well. But...

I have no error codes. At all. Is this likely ?

I also tried it in mates cars, everything looks like it works just no error codes on anyones car!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That ELM327 Bluetooth OBD-II Wireless Transceiver Dongle includes software that I don't need since I already have Torque for Andriod. Has anyone bought just a Bluetooth OBDII adapter (no software bundled) that works with Torque by Ian Hawkins?
pretty sure you're not paying for the software mate.

may as well get this one, it seems to be the best value working one.

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Can this program display IAT's?

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
IAT = Intake Air Temperature :cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts