BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking the site for quite a while now but I finally have my M5 so I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Andy and I've owned BMWs since 2005. It first started with an E30 and then another E30 and now I finally have acquired my dream car: The E39 M5.

Both of my E30s went through quite a transformation while I owned them. My father and I did all of the work on them too.

I still own one E30 and here is how it sits now:

Another pic of it before changing the wheel center caps:

It currently has a 1995 M3 engine with only 60,000 miles on it plus quite a few other modifications.

I tried to document each step of the E30 project and will be doing the same with my new M5.

Here is a link to the E30 project: BMW E30 S50 Project | E30 + S50 + MORE

Now onto a few pics of the beast:

And yes the plate will be changing soon.

It is a 2000 M5 with 145000 miles. The previous owner took great care of it and it shows.

I can't wait to share my car with this forum and learn from the expansive knowledge that has already been established here.

Hope you like the car, more pics to come soon after the beast has been cleaned!

Also BC coilovers will be arriving within the next few weeks.

Thanks,

Andy

·
Registered
311 Posts
Jealous of that E30, man. Welcome aboard! The veteran guys and some of the more experienced fellas are great. I've used a bunch of DIY's in the few months I've owned my 2000 car. That's my favorite color, btw. Also, I'm on BC coils and they're pretty awesome as compared to others for what you pay.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The placement of your trunk badging annoys me.

Welcome.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
It looks just like mine did 5 years ago. Welcome!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Congrats and welcome aboard

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
welcome! id kill for that e30

Reactions: 13blackknight

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2% color!! Anthracite ftw.

hope it's had it's maintenance, mine just ticked over 120k and you can see the amount I've had/wanted to put into mine...(spreadsheet in sig)
It's had an extensive amount of maintenance done by the previous owner within the last year, luckily.

I will however be keeping track of expenses and updating the forum with threads as time goes on.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally an update.

I received my Euro Hella OEM Headlights and installed them. I really like the look.

I also have BC coils waiting to be installed as well as a Slimmbones front lip and rear diffuser. Can't wait to get it all on.

As for now I have debadged the rear, added a custom plate, vinyl wrapped the interior, added a custom shift boot, ebrake boot, arm rest cover with memory foam, ZHP shift knob, and swapped the headlights for euro facelift models.

Tail lights to be ordered soon!

On to some pictures:

And save the best for last:

Sorry for the poor quality pictures, I'm spending all of my money on modifications first, maybe one day I'll invest in a real camera!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Looks awesome

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Welcome and nice choice on your first mods. Love the arm rest, especially the stiching. Who did that for you? The paint looks great in that last shot.

I want your E30!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
That last picture of your M5 is great!

Where does the oil pan sit on your E30 with that engine? I just ask because, judging by the extreme camber you are running pretty low, and normal E30 oil pans are right in the perfect position to crack on a bump in the road. Plus...you have to drop the entire subframe to change them.

Good looking E30 though

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Welcome! Keep the updates coming! It is looking good! Where did you buy your BC coilovers from? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts