BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I updated my Navigator Software to version 4-1/50. I had a choice between the standard NA version and a 'English' version. Burned a copy of both, but uploaded the 'English' version.

Well now my Auto-Nag nags me all the way to my destination in a clipped English accent. :cheers:

Intersections are now junctions, highways are motorways.

All around a pretty neat version! :flag:

Regards,

Greg

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
cool, where did you download the uk version from, i might try that!
Mike

Last 03 5 said:
I updated my Navigator Software to version 4-1/50. I had a choice between the standard NA version and a 'English' version. Burned a copy of both, but uploaded the 'English' version.

Well now my Auto-Nag nags me all the way to my destination in a clipped English accent. :cheers:

Intersections are now junctions, highways are motorways.

All around a pretty neat version! :flag:

Regards,

Greg

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
nThats interesting...

I'd always read that you needed a MODIC to program the Nav to UK or USA modes.

In the 'british accent' mode you have are distances in feet/miles or yards?

thx

A

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ard said:
nThats interesting...

I'd always read that you needed a MODIC to program the Nav to UK or USA modes.

In the 'british accent' mode you have are distances in feet/miles or yards?

thx

A
Feet and miles. Still have the Accept screen to get rid of though.

Regards,

Greg

·
Registered
252 Posts
When upgrading to the UK version, the updater will still report USA, Female Voice, however she will have the accent once the system reboots.

If you do the upgrade-downgrade-upgrade first, you still can get rid of the "accept screen".

Speaking of such things, one of the other nice things about the british lady is she says "make a U-turn if possible", rather than the disclaimer-filled "if, possible, make a legal U-turn" of the USA version.

Cheers

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
03E39M5 said:
If you do the upgrade-downgrade-upgrade first, you still can get rid of the "accept screen".
Stealth One has an 'auto accept' that clears the accept screen automatically. A nice bonus I wasn't even aware of...

Thanks for the other info-

A

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
Guys, what software do i need to burn this .iso file? I have clone cd from past nav updates, but it doesn't seem to work for an iso file.

I downloaded a freeware called cdburnerxpro but when i insert the disc in my nav drive i get the message "incorrect cd/dvd inserted into disc drive"

Thanks for any tips...
Mike

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mottati said:
Guys, what software do i need to burn this .iso file? I have clone cd from past nav updates, but it doesn't seem to work for an iso file.

I downloaded a freeware called cdburnerxpro but when i insert the disc in my nav drive i get the message "incorrect cd/dvd inserted into disc drive"

Thanks for any tips...
Mike
I used Nero (Burning Rom) and burned the CD at the slowest speed (4X instead of 16X). Worked perfectly. :1:

If you send me a pm with your mailing address I'll put one in the Post for you. Should take about a week to arrive though.

:wroom:

Regards,

Greg

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
Last 03 5 said:
I used Nero (Burning Rom) and burned the CD at the slowest speed (4X instead of 16X). Worked perfectly. :1:

If you send me a pm with your mailing address I'll put one in the Post for you. Should take about a week to arrive though.

:wroom:

Regards,

Greg
thanks for the offer greg, i'll give it a shot now and if i fail again i'll pm you!
Mike

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I wanted the one with the female German accent from the James Bond movie but could never find it. hiha

·
Registered
252 Posts
I wonder how the sound files are stored on the CD-ROM. Maybe someone with good computer skills can go in there and record their own sounds, burn the CD, than upload it to their nav computer.

Imagine the possibilities.....

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've tried that in my MKIII and when I try to downgrade from 23 to 22 I get a message saying "System Up to date" Any ideas how I can do the Upgrade/downgrade/upgrade to get rid of the Accept???

I would like to get an english accent on my MKIII too...someone please hack the sound files so we CD-romers can get it too. I wonder if you just copy the sound files??? I'm sure there's some other mapping/pointing involved also...unless the file names are the same for American / English sound files.

03E39M5 said:

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
03E39M5 said:
I wonder how the sound files are stored on the CD-ROM. Maybe someone with good computer skills can go in there and record their own sounds, burn the CD, than upload it to their nav computer.

Imagine the possibilities.....
and the profanities... "in 100 meters, turn left, you #@$%#*&

·
Registered
837 Posts
I am computer challenged, I tried for two hours today to copy/burn the software to update my nav system and I just have no clue what the heck I am doing, so I have resigned to going to the dealer and asking them to update, I have the CPO warranty, maybe they will do for free, Josh

Sorry I lost my train of thought with my orignal intentions of this post, I wanted to try the british accent version, as I am always looking for something different, I was wondering if someone had it on disk or could make a disc and mail it to me, so that all I had to do was simply place in the nav system and it would work its magic. I have the Mark III with software version 1/31 currently. I would be willing to pay for any trouble or postage, Thanks Josh

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bmwusa said:
I am computer challenged, I tried for two hours today to copy/burn the software to update my nav system and I just have no clue what the heck I am doing, so I have resigned to going to the dealer and asking them to update, I have the CPO warranty, maybe they will do for free, Josh

Sorry I lost my train of thought with my orignal intentions of this post, I wanted to try the british accent version, as I am always looking for something different, I was wondering if someone had it on disk or could make a disc and mail it to me, so that all I had to do was simply place in the nav system and it would work its magic. I have the Mark III with software version 1/31 currently. I would be willing to pay for any trouble or postage, Thanks Josh
If you send me a pm with your mailing address I'll put one in the mail for you. Should take about a week to arrive though.

Don't worry about postage and its no trouble.

:thumbsup:

Regards,

Greg<!-- / message -->

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.