BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Tried phone no. doesnt seem to work:sad1:

sound a bit to good to be true though, ive been keepin an eye on prices on autotrader and never seen one this low even LHD.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh goody, I just got an email from the 'owner'

Thank God for that, I thought I'd missed it, I wonder where I'll have to transfer the money too.... :3:

Dear customer,

Thank you for reply.
We are a car store from EUROPE,ITALY and we have more cars for sale.
The car is UK and Australian specs with the wheel on the right side of the car.
It is like new,perfect conditions,never involved in any accidents or anything,not even a scratch.
If you afford to pay for the car 10,000 GBP for the car is a deal.

Shipping Terms:

Shipping is made using UNITED POSTAL/PARCEL SERVICE(UPS) AIR SERVICE.
Shipping will take usually - 3-5 days.
We will offer you free shipping and inssurance,no fees paid by you.

Payment Terms:

For payment we required a deposit of 20% paid safe,only as a prof,we do not want to receive that amount of money first.
We required this deposit of 20% just as a prof so we can be sure you are a real buyer and we will not pay the shipping taxes for nothing.
After the deposit is made we will ship the car to you and after you will receive it you will have 10 days for inspection so you can test it.
After inspection if everything is ok you will make the payment to us and deal is complete.
If you will not be satisfied with the car and it is not as we told you you can send it back to us on our cost.
Please let us know if you are interested.

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Luciano

Thank you so much for getting back to me, I was worried that I had missed the car.

What a coincidence, I will be in Italy later this week, I will be able to meet you with cash and drive the car back. Please let me know your location and when will be the best time for use to do the deal?

Thank you

Mike

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Sounds very fishy to me :nono:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey London Mike,

I got a good laugh out of your response to this scammer :) I wonder if he would even bother to make up an excuse or reply as to why he couldn't meet you.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nah, I went in too hard. Normally I drag them out for days asking for further information, more detailed pics, account numbers etc etc. Couldn't be bothered tonight, just wanted to save a potential new M5 owner getting shafted, which hopefully I did... :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well it was my M5 and it wasn't for sale at £10K.

Eternal Thaks to Mike for the tip on the scam :M5thumbs: ......would like to get hold of the @*#@$ twat who put the add up in the first place.:mad:

Sorry to see the M5 go but I was killing her and its better that she goes off to a home that will not abuse her at 600 mile a week.

Regards

Glen

1 - 20 of 30 Posts