BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In June last year I gave up my e39 M5 after five years and 100,000 happy miles and moved to the dark side. I bought a Subaru Impreza 330s...and was happy for about a month. I simply missed driving the number one saloon car. I hated the attention I was getting in a 'shouty' car - I like the stealth of the M5. I also have to say the reliability and customer service from Subaru was shocking.

To put things right I have taken delivery of a used e60 M5 this afternoon.

I am once again happy. So, sorry for leaving you it won't happen again!

Max

PS. Pics to follow.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Welcome Back Mate

No need to apologize Max, but I would like to hear a review of the E60 especially since you have the experience of the E39.

Welcome back!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Welcome back. Nothing wrong with trying other cars. I trust you will be happy with the E60! I know I am!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried a FQ360 before I bought the Subaru and was really dissapointed as it felt really slow...I know they are not but there was no sensation.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KGP - Will post a comparison in a couple of weeks once I have put 1,000 miles on the beast.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hmmmm in the last few weeks I have been thinking about changing my M5 for a Mitsubishi Evo X...
Hey if this is confession then I too have been having thoughts for another. She starts with "Audi" and ends in "S8".

The main issue is knowing that departing from M5 ownership you will be taking away:
- a presence that can't quite be described...

- knowing that you are in something that will be able to out run whatever is in the morning rush hour...

- recieving comments from your local police force like "god help us if your M5 gets stolen as we have nothing in our car park that willl keep up with it"...

- a Jeremy Clarkson Top Gear review that brings tears to your eyes to know you own that car...

hmmm

Reactions: SpeedFreek

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
when you say reliability and service from Subaru was shocking - do you mean that in a positive or negative way? as in was it a overall good car w/ good service?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Enjoy the E60, it's a great car!
I, however, did go to the dark side.
Will wait and see how the next F10 M5 turns out...

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Glimpse below:

Trailer below

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KiOSOg351bo?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Translated testdriver interview video below

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3EVzYmX0Jck?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trailer + testdriver interview combined in one video below

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Yt31MTCqmHs?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
mdyaman

Sorry for not replying sooner.

The Subaru was a bad car with bad customer service. I had to replace the engine after 12,000 miles when the crank failed!! It took six weeks (and £14k - under warranty) to fix and no apology was forthcoming. It turns out it's a 'common' fault which causes the pistons, or in the case of my Subaru, the crank to fail. The replacement parts were like for like with no modification to prevent it happening again - too much of a risk for me.

Anyway, I have learnt my lesson and will never stray away from an M5 ever again!

Max

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
No Problem...we all have our moronic moments...ouich....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
There are things you have to experience for yourself before you appreciate what you had!
Welcome back Max!
Since we all know you don't want to commit any more sins, I would like to warn you before you do it again!
WHERE ARE THE PICTURES????:biggrin:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
V10PWR

Pics next week. I've been in Houston this week and about to leave for the airport to get back home.

Max

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Too bad I saw the thread too late or we could have arranged for some Houston ///M owners meet while you where here, or if you didn't have to leave, you could meet a few of us next Saturday at Houston Coffee & Cars!
I hope you enjoyed Houston while you were here, and make sure to let us know when you are heading this way next time. Have a nice trip, and once again congratulation on your beast!
Cheers,:cheers:

-Matt

V10PWR

Pics next week. I've been in Houston this week and about to leave for the airport to get back home.

Max

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry no update or pics. The beast had a few issues and I only got it back last night. New Clutch and flywheel, fuel pumps and pressure sensor.

Will post pics at the weekend if it's sunny!

Max

1 - 19 of 19 Posts