BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At the track day at Sentul last Saturday a McLaren MP4-12C pulls into the parking lot to see this early morning line up of M5s (around 18 M5s finally turned up)

The McLaren driver walks straight over to Taffy's M5 to start photographing the car , totally ignoring the later models

It seems to be a quiet acknowledgement of what a special car the E34 M5 is ... for those in the know

Attachments

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,263 Posts
E34...last of the handmade m5s!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As much as I hate turbine wheel covers there is a huge BMW geek factor attached to them , the Indonesians love the turbines !

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
As much as I hate turbine wheel covers there is a huge BMW geek factor attached to them , the Indonesians love the turbines !
Crazy Indos! :rofl:

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
I really want a set of turbines for my e28. I guess I fall into the stereotype!

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I really want a set of turbines for my e28. I guess I fall into the stereotype!
You can take the boy out of Indonesia but you can't take Indonesia out of the boy ... :)

Rubbing sambal on the back of the turbine covers will make your car go faster , I know a good dukun

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
You can take the boy out of Indonesia but you can't take Indonesia out of the boy ... :)
LOL!

Somewhat true...I was born in the States, but did spend quite a bit of time going back and forth!

Heck, I've been Stateside for 44 years!

Reactions: AseanAero

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The other aspect is the McLaren driver admiring the M5 and the turbines looked like a normal person

Normally turbine lovers look like this

Jacob , I think we need to buy Taffy some Lederhosen for Christmas

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
The turbine could be considered the gay man's preferred wheel cover but I'll never turn to the 'dark side'

1 - 14 of 14 Posts