BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from some evening fun.

Here is the setup:

Stock SL55 vs. my stock ( ofcourse! ) M5.

Both cars at 110 km/h constant speed, M5 in P500sport and S5, SL55 in manual gearbox mode. Only the driver in both cars.

Communication between the cars on mobile - at the count of three, full throttle all the way to M5´s topspeed limiter ( which kicks in at 270 km/h on the speedo ).

4 runs was made...................110 km/h -> 270 km/h..................... :M5rev:

RESULT: M5 was 6 - 10 CAR LENGHTS ahead of the SL55!!!!!!!!! :1:

The M5 was, without any doubt, quicker than the SL55. Pulling away all the time! :flag:

A very reliable witness was behind us all the time - member klas!

This car is one h*** of a monster :viking:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gustav said:
Good to know I wasnt getting crazy!

Nice to hear, the M5 is a monster in all speeds :) cidair, next time try S6 mode :1:
Yes, I thought you needed some support here, Gustav!

So thats why klas and I improvized this little test :haha:

You are definitely not crazy, just an enthusiast like all of us M5 lovers.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
S6 mode will be up in a couple of weeks time.......when the car is broken in!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
:eek: :eek: Wow, what a monster. Finally got it past the break in? A daytime video of the race would probably exhaust all of the excuses the MB guys have... :D
:cheers:

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Hey, go over to the E55 board at mbworld and post these results. They already have over 30 pages on the most recent testing. Sooner or later, after these guys hear enough tests, they'll admit defeat!

·
Registered
955 Posts
cidair said:
A very reliable witness was behind us all the time - member klas!
i hope your witness didn't accidently pass the SL55 as he was trying to keep up, and missed the race...
:hihi:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gustav, have you read the new AUTOMOBIL?

There is a very thorough test of the M5 vs E55 vs 997.

It´s done by a guy, whose been studying wehicle dynamics for 5 yeras at the university in Stockholm.

A lot of graphs and figures, explaining the benefits of the M5´s drivetrain and chassis.

Would be nice with a scan ( sorry, mine is broken ) of all the graphs!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tifosi said:
i hope your witness didn't accidently pass the SL55 as he was trying to keep up, and missed the race...
:hihi:
That was one of the big problems of this test :hihi:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
This is the time everyone here would like to see a movie cause MB fans will still deny this. A movie would help a lot kinggf

·
Registered
546 Posts
I would love to see that :1: and that`s the outcome WITHOUT corners :flag:

Is there any video available??? I guess not but if you could do this it would be trully amazing :byebye:

You are really so lucky having that car :cheers:

Enjoy

·
Registered
704 Posts
But I thought the car didn't have enough torque.. ouich

*Just kidding*

Great result and more evidence these engines just might be underrated a bit :)

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think the on-the-road performance of the M5 will blow the AMGs away. Tough to beat forced-induction enhancements for straight-line acceleration, and a torque convertor makes power delivery an on/off phenomenon, but there is NO WAY the overall package will deliver like the M5. Nice to toast the current generation AMGs along the way! :M5launch:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts