BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So some of you may remember many months ago when a story surfaced on the internet of an E55 wooping an M5 with an "AMG ETR" plate... Yep that was me and I came on and admitted the E55 was awesome and killed me :)

Well I have been looking for that E55 ever since ASR did the work on my car and tonight that finally happened. My roomate and I saw the REALLY NICE white E55 and my eyes lit up :). He is a really cool guy, we talked for a bit, I asked for a rematch and he was all for it! We made a bunch of runs, most of which were cut short by traffic, but got one good clear run in the end and from 40mph-140mph I was able to pull about a car on the E55. That car is freakin' fast, literally only 1 car off!! I want to give a huge thanks to the owner of the E for the rematch!! You'll have to let me know if you do what you said you were thinking about so I can let you kill me again in a rematch :M5thumbs:.

My car is an ASR Engineering Stage 3 and his E55 is a Renntech Stage 5 or 6 (Basically everything Renntech has for that car if I remember correctly??). My passenger got a short video, but on my cell and its horrible and small and not worth posting :)

Regards,
Evan

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I last raced him I think we figured out around 600, I looked on Renntech's site and it looks like they have E55's running 650HP/640TQ. I would say its very possible he has everything as running that, but I forgot to ask!!
Evan

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Vow:confused3, it kind of mix emotion for me.

Should we be happy to put up a car length on E55 Renntech IV or disappointed that only a car length??

But definitely worth a money on NOS kit comparing to Renntech kit.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Keang24 I do not understand your response. I am not sure I know how to take it. I would be and am extremely happy for AMG ETR for that accomplishment. To beat a heavily modded E55 is an awesome accomplishment. They make much more torque than the M5.

So I do not:dunno:understand.

M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Keang24 I do not understand your response. I am not sure I know how to take it. I would be and am extremely happy for AMG ETR for that accomplishment. To beat a heavily modded E55 is an awesome accomplishment. They make much more torque than the M5.

So I do not:dunno:understand.

M5Ranger...Juan
Sorry for misunderstanding. Don't get me wrong, I'm myself would be extremely happy as well.

I think I should ask AMG ETR what is his expectation before the race. I know the Renntech stage IV is top notch for AMG, but from many videos I have seen M5 with ASR NOS kit including your. It super fast and kind of invincible especially at freeway/high speed run up to 200mph (I know there always be someone faster:nono:) I wonder what would happen after 140mph?????? I though it would be more than a car length, but again, just a thought.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Sorry for misunderstanding. Don't get me wrong, I'm myself would be extremely happy as well.

I think I should ask AMG ETR what is his expectation before the race. I know the Renntech stage IV is top notch for AMG, but from many videos I have seen M5 with ASR NOS kit including your. It super fast and kind of invincible especially at freeway/high speed run up to 200mph (I know there always be someone faster:nono:) I wonder what would happen after 140mph?????? I though it would be more than a car length, but again, just a thought.
Couldn't agree more, I opened this thread looking for a murdering type story lol.. Mighty impressive for the AMG and well of course M5, thanks for sharing Evan , its mpressive on both ends IMO! :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was by no means a killing guys, those E55's have some serious torque, I am very happy with the result as I was still worried :)
Evan

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, he is not, not to say he won't be next time we meet up though :D

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
According to their site an E55 Renntech package 6 is 650hp/640tq.
Hardly an easy kill with NOS. I'd would think they would be
pretty even.

·
Company representatvie for AngeliBright.com
242 Posts
Must be the Angelbright 3.0's..... :flag:
The last dyno we did showed a 20 hhp (Headlight Horse Power) increase :) :M5eyes: :M5rev:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pretty even.
Exactly, which is why I am surprised that some memebers thought it would be a kill... I was still worried with all that torque!! It was very close, but the M5 prevailed this time :flag:
Evan

·
Registered
613 Posts
Kinda off topic but does anyone know if ASR is showing some love to the old E39? I checked their site but didn't see any reference to a kit for the older M5's.

a0

·
Registered
924 Posts
pretty even.
I agree, what do you run? a 100shot of nos?

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agentzero: Give Abid a call, he has spoke about working on the E39, he will tell you what you can safely run!!

Myke: Strage 3 is a 150 shot

Regards,
Evan

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Exactly, which is why I am surprised that some memebers thought it would be a kill... I was still worried with all that torque!! It was very close, but the M5 prevailed this time :flag:
Evan
At the risk of folks throwing cabbage at me....how much does the
package 6 conversion cost? Those numbers are incredible. Getting
a used W211 E55 with the upgrade sounds damn interesting to me.

Along those same lines it shows the NOS conversion is the best
hp/$ mod available and to hang/beat the Renntech is impressive.
But with this said, call me a purists but for some reason I'm of the
opinion that NOS is cheating. :grinyes: But then again, what are we to
do...130k for a turbo/supercharger is just plain stupid.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Kinda off topic but does anyone know if ASR is showing some love to the old E39? I checked their site but didn't see any reference to a kit for the older M5's.

a0
We don't carry a kit for the E39's, but one can definitely be made if you're interested. The problem with the E39 M5's are that the stock clutch's don't have the clamping force to withstand the additional torque. So, you will need to upgrade your clutch if you do plan on this upgrade.

Hey guys just so you know with the Renntech package AMG ETR speaks of, is capable of low 11's. We offer similar packages for the AMG's as Renntech, and our customer's have run deep in the 11's. Although, we have done work on both vehicles for many years, I can definitely say that the M5's are much stronger 140-150mph+. Keep in mind that since the AMG's are automatics the converter really hurts it's top end capability. That's not to say that if you run into the right AMG with enough hp and tranny work, you will be quite surprised!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Evan
Hopefully my post this time can elaborate my thought better.:biggrin:

Horsepower wise, they r about the same. So with 640tq on E55, they should get a better jump, but with M5 gearing designed for high speed/fwy run, that why I assume M5 should be ahead as speed climb.

Again, it all speculation especially from myself who never encounter someone with that much power.ouich

AMG ETR, I like to hear frame-by-frame story telling from you. Too bad, no video. Wonder if u do all the way to 200mph, what would happen.:3:

A lot of people overlook gearing design, but I believe it play a big part as well as hp/tq. For example in road bicycle, bigger chainring will eventually travel futher, but required more power to push initially. Is it relevant?

BTW, is your plate means "AMG Eater"?

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts