BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Queue up AC/DC intro to "For those about to rock (we salute you)"

The M5 is going to be pushed our of her winter storage garage 1st week of March

She is heading over to Motorworkswest in Wycoff NJ for fresh liquids, a few minor adjustments, a few tests, a fresh tank of gas, Then I will be arriving into NJ on March 16th (finally leaving Kabul!!!!!!!)

Once I have the keys I am driving from North Jersey down to New Orleans. visiting family, Then on to Austin Texas.

I am more excited about driving the car than I have been in a while.

I can not wait for some spirited driving opportunities. I remember when I drove up to New Jersey in 2009. It was a very nice drive. The car was immaculate and pulled when I wanted her to and it braked when I needed it to. It was a dream machine. The engine purred and the exhaust notes were unbelievable.

One area of note from the trip was in Pennsylvania, I came across one of those new Infiniti G37S cars and the guy kept racing up to my side and braking hard. over and over. He was getting on my nerves, Possibly causing a wreck had he continued. I guess we were doing about 75-80. I was in 5th gear. I downshifted (god that car sounds and responds so good at high RPM) I quickly hit 4th and was at a speed I had not anticipated, The actual speed is as important as the feeling. By the time I hit 5th, that little G37 was trying so hard, but fading fast. It felt so good to get away from that car so quickly. I slowed down in fear of a ticket, My heart was pumping and I just felt this overall rush of energy, but wanted to relax at the same time. I want at least one of those experiences on this road trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,669 Posts
That's a fantastic looking car Stephen and I'm sure that you'll have a great road trip with the passion that you obviously possess !

Let us know how things go ............ and enjoy the ride !

D

·
Registered
244 Posts
Please share the pics when you can ! some day i'll do the "route 66 project" with a bimmer and friends :)

it must be awesome to cross the country like that !

hamilcar "grandroyal"

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Car looks tremendous Stephen

After your tour you deserve to have a tour of your own desire:thankyou::thankyou:

Do post and most of alll enjoy and be safe, not slow just safe:noSMG:

·
10,458 Posts
i think that car went up for sale back in summer of 07 just after i bought mine. Was local San Francisco area car. Was so jealous, such a great combo, and so rare in the US! Have a great trip!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Contact me when you are in New Orleans, I also have a 1991 M5. Would like to chat with you for a few minutes. Don't have enough posts to pm you. [email protected]
Will do. Where do you live? I am actually in Slidell. But will make it to Metairie a few times.

Thanks to all the other for kind words. I will be leaving in 15 DAYS!!!!!! :) Pics to come, I promise!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts