BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's stuck on -40 degrees. Whether I change it to C or F it's still stuck on -40. I even unplugged the battery to reset the computer over night. Nothing. Am I missing something obvious here, or do I need a trip to the dealer? Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think that -40F and -40C are actually the same temperature. That and $1.25 will get you a ride on the street car, but I can't give you any more help. Good luck.:byee55amg

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL..thanks. But it's stuck no matter what the temp outside is. I'm just making sure I'm not missing a button or something before I go through the pain of going to the dealer for such a small thing.

·
Registered
530 Posts
M-Phibian:

No, no button missed.

The outside air T° Indicator is located inder the right front fender. Look for a loose connection; follow the wire harness if you can, look for a broken wire.

Replacement Sensor on a 2000 M5 is 65-81-6-905-133. Probably the same for other MY's also.

Good luck.

·
Banned
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Joe, I'll take a look.

jjc1843 said:
M-Phibian:

No, no button missed.

The outside air T° Indicator is located inder the right front fender. Look for a loose connection; follow the wire harness if you can, look for a broken wire.

Replacement Sensor on a 2000 M5 is 65-81-6-905-133. Probably the same for other MY's also.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts