BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and not found a decent answer on this.

On my X5 I removed the amber corners by splitting the housing (used a heat gun and resealed with black sealant). The amber corner was attached to a clear portion. This just popped out and I used a dremel to cut off the amber version. I am wondering if the same structure is in effect on the M5 front lights. Has anyone cracked open the housing and looked B4?

BTW this is on a 2001

Here are the results from my X5 mod.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Tim W said:
I have searched and not found a decent answer on this.

On my X5 I removed the amber corners by splitting the housing (used a heat gun and resealed with black sealant). The amber corner was attached to a clear portion. This just popped out and I used a dremel to cut off the amber version. I am wondering if the same structure is in effect on the M5 front lights. Has anyone cracked open the housing and looked B4?

BTW this is on a 2001

Here are the results from my X5 mod.
Interesting - on my 2001 I have had both replaced (twice) due to moisture. I would think this introduces that risk into the mix - any issues on the X5?

Of course then again it could reduce it all together...

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a bit at first due to being stupid.

I then removed the high beam bulb for a day and it all dried out just fine and still they look great.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I know on the angel eye style lamps you can pop the amber piece out, but it looks very odd when the piece is gone and you also have a bright white light where it used to shine through the yellow portion for your sidemarker. I chose to leave mine in, but you could always paint it white or black if you wanted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.