BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black Beast! 2003 Jet Black on Black E39 M5 with 29,7xx miles for sale by original owner (One Owner car). Very well loved and maintained, VERY low mile, very clean, late model E39 M5.

Black Sport Leather interior with Titanium trim. It has 29,7xx miles! I bought her new from Arlington BMW in Arlington, VA in July of 2003. Build date of 4/2003. The car has never been used as a commuter vehicle. All miles are highway or, shall we say, spirited fun driving. Beautiful car. Never wrecked. Never tracked. No smoking, no rain (maybe a sprinkle), no snow, no salt - always garaged (dealer might have left it out a night or two). Very strong motor with no major issues now or in the past. Only ever used Top Tier gas (Top Tier Gasoline).

ALL 'plus' options except PDC. Heated Seats, 6-Disc CD, GPS Nav, Cold Weather Package (Heated Seats, Headlight Washers, Ski Pas-Thru), 60/40 Split Rear Fold Down Seats. Pristine interior. The seats have no noticeable wear on the side bolsters, steering wheel, shift knob, or other common wear areas and no scuffs on the kick panels. Cargo net, oil bottle holder, and brand new floor mats (still in plastic) come with car. Added Bluetooth, AUX Input, and upgraded to Beastpower rear sway-bar brackets. All original tools. Ultimate Cup Holders can convey, too. Clear Title, Clean Car Fax. Well maintained. Immaculate inside and out. No scratches/dents. Nearly new (~1,000 miles) Michelin PS2 tires.

All original manuals and holder. All keys, including Valet and Wallet key. Original window sticker.

Minor, expected rock chips on the front. Minor rash (only folks like us notice it) on one wheel.

Won an Ansänger Class ("People's Choice") award in 2008 at the 25th Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance in VA.

VIN: WBAGJ8328WDM11457

$35,000/obo (PM me with interest or thoughts on pricing, please.)

The pics show the car without a recent wash or vacuum. I just pulled it out and snapped these. So, you get to see bugs on the front, some spots of stuff in the seat cracks, on the mats, and dust near the instrument cluster. It all cleans up. Spiffed up, she’s a stunner. Yes, I said ‘spiffed’ . . .

More at: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/onruvpjlzx3fri2/AABi9nTolaJ8f552scAxftJra

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
That leather is so pristine!! Don't let EAG take it :(.

GLWS!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
EAG will be making you an offer shortly! GLWS
I heard from them a few days ago, but have been slow in replying. I haven't been as active on these forums in the last couple of years and wasn't sure how legit the email from them was.

·
Company Representative for Enthusiast Auto
224 Posts
I heard from them a few days ago, but have been slow in replying. I haven't been as active on these forums in the last couple of years and wasn't sure how legit the email from them was.
Yes, sorry for the delayed reply. I've been preoccupied with the Gooding and Bonhams sales this week. The first E28 M5 built for the NA market will arrive in Cincinnati in ten or so days.

I think we will come to a reasonable deal on the E39 M5.

Talk soon.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
Perfect car, GLWS.

This is a good example of a great car offered for sale here with opportunities for a board member to make a quick purchase before EAG scoops it up and offers it for $45-50,000. Of course, EAG will probably get it because they will offer the seller a hassle-free and quick sale. Then people will complain about it. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
"ERIC"

Thats sad.

Beautiful example.

I would love to see someone say no to EAG.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"ERIC"

Thats sad.

Beautiful example.

I would love to see someone say no to EAG.
I do have a very interested private buyer and I *do* care. I didn't care for the car and treat her like a child to simply put her up for adoption. But, who doesn't like the duckets . . .

Reactions: KevinM

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is what started it all...

This article.

2000 BMW M5 - Road Test - Motor Trend

In '98, I bought the '95 318iS, listed in my sig, and in spite of it being a 4 banger with a slush box, I was hooked. I remember reading the MT article above and thought - someday. Hard work and good times lead me to the '02 330Ci and I was loving life. Bad luck and good fortune (someone rear ended me in the 330Ci and totaled it, but I got a fantastic insurance payout that I still don't understand to this day...) and a good new job and I went to the dealer back in July of '03, found the Black Bea5t/Darth Vader car of my dreams and the rest is history. I went on many a road rally-type run with, sometimes, as many as 20 or 30 other M5 drivers back for the first few years. Great people, Great times. I'm trying to find the picture that I have somewhere of my car with 25+ others in the back yard of a fellow M5 owner's property about 5-7 years ago. We estimated that there was well over a million dollars worth of M5s in that yard that day.

Good times. Great people. Fantastic cars.

Greg

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
This article.

2000 BMW M5 - Road Test - Motor Trend

In '98, I bought the '95 318iS, listed in my sig, and in spite of it being a 4 banger with a slush box, I was hooked. I remember reading the MT article above and thought - someday. Hard work and good times lead me to the '02 330Ci and I was loving life. Bad luck and good fortune (someone rear ended me in the 330Ci and totaled it, but I got a fantastic insurance payout that I still don't understand to this day...) and a good new job and I went to the dealer back in July of '03, found the Black Bea5t/Darth Vader car of my dreams and the rest is history. I went on many a road rally-type run with, sometimes, as many as 20 or 30 other M5 drivers back for the first few years. Great people, Great times. I'm trying to find the picture that I have somewhere of my car with 25+ others in the back yard of a fellow M5 owner's property about 5-7 years ago. We estimated that there was well over a million dollars worth of M5s in that yard that day.

Good times. Great people. Fantastic cars.

Greg
Nice story. I think the same article (and a similar one in C&D) started it for me. I was driving a 1999 5-speed 528 at the time (my first BMW, coming from a Nissan Sentra, ha ha). Not quite ready for the M5 in late 2001 (and having convinced myself, likely appropriately, that if I bought a 540 I would really want an M5) I traded it for a 2002 5-speed 530. I was very happy until I took a two-day BMW driving school in SC (birthday present from my wife) and, for better or for worse, drove an M5. Game over. Started my search when I got home and picked up my baby 12/2004. (I still miss the 530 at times, what a well-balanced car.) Anyway, I can't think of giving up the M5 but plan to add a F80 M3 (or M2 if I can wait that long).

I hope you don't regret selling this wonderful car. It will clearly be gone in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you want to send me an email at my username at gmail dot com (andermic) that would be much appreciated. I'm unable to PM or anything because I'm a lurker.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts