BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm at a little bit of an crisis. I don't know if I'm getting old, or if I'm still young. This past week, I stopped at a gas station and had a gentleman come up and start talking about the M5, asking questions, and reminding me how greatful I should be that I have one at my young age. This same week, I was over at a friends house for a BBQ and was talking to his younger brother about the beast. He told me he wished he could be as cool as me when he got older and own an M5.

Now...here's what I don't understand. I'm 28 and I've got people telling me I'm young and old!!!!!What do I do!?!?!?!? where do I fall, I must know these things. Not really, but it's just kind of odd that I feel really young still, yet I guess I'm getting closer to 30...the end of all life! (just kidding guys, I know that's not till 40!)

Eric

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Sell your car, buy a porsche or ferrari...you're entering your midlife crisis.

j/k...don't worry about it you're still a baby :blink:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already picked out my mid life crisis car, and am working on it....soon it will be finished. Shelby AC Cobra with a 427. It's just funny, that one day I'm accused of being old, and the next I'm too young and unappreciative. I guess I'll just rock the car, and be done with it.

Eric

Sell your car, buy a porsche or ferrari...you're entering your midlife crisis.

j/k...don't worry about it you're still a baby :blink:

·
Moderator Emeritus
915 Posts
Don't worry about it, I feel like that all the time at the moment.:(

I'm 27 and my girlfriend is 20 in a week or two, so she's constantly making me feel old :grrrr:, especially when she's out on the town with all her friends and they're joking about how "old" I am, I've also started grumbling about the awful noise that is chart/pop music these days so I think the inevitable is starting to happen, I'm getting old!:eek:oohhh:

But on the flip-side I too get people wishing they had an M5 when they were young like me, settling down for marriage and kids....well that's not what young people do and I'm certainly not entertaining that thought for another 5+ years at least...but then my parents were married for a few years by the age of 27, my sister's 29, married and got a kid due in 2 months.....

Personally I think age is all down to your own perspective on life and relative to your situation and surroundings......to reuse an old phrase:
"you're only as young as the woman you feel!"
...so that makes me 19 then!:cheers:

·
Registered
836 Posts
if some say you're old and some say you're young then you must be just right Goldilocks :biggrin:
In all seriousness, you're at a great age. Not old enough to be aching everywhere but not too young to appreciate that fact.

·
Registered
766 Posts
You're as old as you act

I'm 62 going on 19. A comment I get from people is that they never can guess my real age, both because I haven't much gray or a paunch and also I don't act like someone nearing retirement. Having just returned from racing my m/c on the high banks of Daytona, I can attest to how acting young helps keep you young.

Trying not to act your age is the best deterent against old age, and it's more fun! Oh, and keep your sense of humor.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
some days i feel real old...some days i feel dead....it's all in the mind and mostly in my beat up body....Just the fact that i can still act.(period) is pretty cool to me.....you young punks have no idea...lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can totally relate!!

Dude I am in the same boat as you. My ex girlfriend who is 5 years younger than me always used to make fun of me and how old I was. I'm 27 and she's 22, and when she turned 21 that's when her party life began and I was 26 and I've been partying for years already (well before I was 21) and it was starting to get old to me. I loved her, but I really wanted someone to settle with and not a 'party chick' who felt compelled to go out and be the life of the party. She thought I was boring at times, but it'll hit her in a few years when she's burned out on the party scene.

Now I'll be 28 this year, and everyone I talk to around my age or older says I'm young. It's only the 19-22 year olds that say I'm old, but I thought the same way when I was at that age. Most of my friends who are married are either on ultra-lockdown or divorced with kids, or jumping from marriage to marriage. I probably won't look to settle with anyone for at least 5+ years and I'm just trying to focus on getting a better job and hanging with friends. I know the big 30 is coming closer and it sacres me a little but I know a lot of 30+ year olds who are unmarried and happy and still think they're young. Yes I've mellowed out a lot and I just want to surround my self with people who share my same priorities and vision because there are plenty of us out there, you're not alone!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Jessem, thanks for being on us "OLD" guys side, I'll be 62 in Sept. and I don't feel that old either,,,like you say no big stomach....lol...I took the M6 in for servce this morning and alot of the guys want to know "what do you do" and wish that they had one too..real fun....all I can say is enjoy it while you can.............long live the OLE guys....:applause:lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
This might help. :)

George Carlin on age.
Absolutely Brilliant!

George Carlin's Views on Aging.

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!" You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key.

You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.

"How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life . . You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony . YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.

But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!

You get into your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I Was JUST 92."

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!"

May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!

·
Registered
814 Posts
I'm 28.... been through two M3s.. 97 E36M3 and 04 E46M3... don't have either of them anymore, hit some hard times and things are just getting better again... if all goes well I'll have an M6 in a few months.... hopefully by June.
I don't feel old... but I certainly don't feel young anymore either... Thank god I have good health and lucky enough to have the opportunity to buy an M6.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
This might help. :)

George Carlin on age.
Absolutely Brilliant!

George Carlin's Views on Aging.

Do you realize that the only time in our lives when we like to get old is when we're kids? If you're less than 10 years old, you're so excited about aging that you think in fractions.

"How old are you?" "I'm four and a half!" You're never thirty-six and a half. You're four and a half, going on five! That's the key.

You get into your teens, now they can't hold you back. You jump to the next number, or even a few ahead.

"How old are you?" "I'm gonna be 16!" You could be 13, but hey, you're gonna be 16! And then the greatest day of your life . . You become 21. Even the words sound like a ceremony . YOU BECOME 21. YESSSS!!!

But then you turn 30. Oooohh, what happened there? Makes you sound like bad milk! He TURNED; we had to throw him out. There's no fun now, you're Just a sour-dumpling. What's wrong? What's changed?

You BECOME 21, you TURN 30, then you're PUSHING 40. Whoa! Put on the brakes, it's all slipping away. Before you know it, you REACH 50 and your dreams are gone.

But wait!!! You MAKE it to 60. You didn't think you would!

So you BECOME 21, TURN 30, PUSH 40, REACH 50 and MAKE it to 60.

You've built up so much speed that you HIT 70! After that it's a day-by-day thing; you HIT Wednesday!

You get into your 80's and every day is a complete cycle; you HIT lunch; you TURN 4:30; you REACH bedtime. And it doesn't end there. Into the 90s, you start going backwards; "I Was JUST 92."

Then a strange thing happens. If you make it over 100, you become a little kid again. "I'm 100 and a half!"

May you all make it to a healthy 100 and a half!!
I am not 100 and a half, but I am half of 100. Very well said. Nice post.:M5thumbs:

For you 60+ year olds, crap, you guys are old farts!:hihi:

Gabe, that was priceless! Great wit!:applause:
:cheers: or again for the 60 pluser's, cheer with "Ensure"

P.S. This may not go over as very popular, but you guys under 40, really don't know what life is yet. Don't sweat trivia. Be happy that you are healthy. Live a clean life. Don't live in a way that will catch up with you and make those last years miserable. And, if you have children, count your blessings that they remain healthy, safe and that you leave the face of the Earth before them!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I never felt old---until my wife and I had a kid. Then the lack of sleep coupled with demands at work made me feeler a lot older.
In about two months, I'm going to feel even older...:1zhelp:

·
Registered
728 Posts
i'm 37 with 3 kids. some days i feel tired but most days i feel energetic and restless. i've seen young guys that look and act like their 10-15 older due to poor choices in lifestyle. by keeping healthy, active and positive you will amaze yourself. just 4 months ago my schedule consisted of hapkido 3 times a week, jujitsu 1-2 times a week, surfing 3-4 times a week, jogging 3-5 miles 4-5 times aweek, weight training 4-5 days a week, bikram yoga every other week, kayakfishing every sunday morning. (after my newborn son was born i had to slow that schedule down now and i realize i probably have a mental problem...ocd? lol.) remember you'll always feel great if you just have fun and take car of yourself. enjoy your bad *** car and the rest of your twenties, have fun. remember youth is beautiful but old guys rule.

·
Registered
728 Posts
oh yeah i forgot to mention that now that i have discovered M5board.com i have become fat and out of shape from sitting in front of the computer day and night. unable to excerise just in case i miss a usefull post, my office starting to smell of old pizza, beer, and car detailing products... oh i hate this website! damn you Gustav! im sending my liposuction bill to you lol ;)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
oh yeah i forgot to mention that now that i have discovered M5board.com i have become fat and out of shape from sitting in front of the computer day and night. unable to excerise just in case i miss a usefull post, my office starting to smell of old pizza, beer, and car detailing products... oh i hate this website! damn you Gustav! im sending my liposuction bill to you lol ;)
LOL!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 - 20 of 106 Posts