BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned this e28 M5 for about 3 1/2 years and put only about 10,000 miles. It has been completely trouble/problem free from the 1st day I bought it. I have been trying to analyze just why I am selling it. I don't need the money. The yearly full coverage insurance is les than $400/year with a fixed value ($16k). It would be nioce to have the additionalspace in the garage though.

I think the reason I am selling it is because I don't drive it enough. But, but when I do drive it , it is like falling in love all over again. Don't drive it..you forget it's charms, drive it and you want to keep it forever. I worry about ending up l;ike a lot of e28 M5 guys that serll their M5s and later regret selling it. The added uniqueness of the blk/blk car is also an added bonus.

Of course a lot depends on the price you get. I have turned down $14k and previously took a deposit on it for a $16k price but the owner change his mind and wanted a kidney transplant instead...silly guy. So I say keep it for $14k or less and sell at $16k. Or am I just dreaming about these prices?

By the way, for curiosity I took it to the Kruse Auction 2 weeks ago. It was not very well attended in my opinion and not too many people looked very closely at my car. I set a reserve - and you do have to bring the title with you - but the auction only brought $14500. Obviously, this was not the best venue for this type of car.

Any comments? Or am I just a little crazy?

john

·
Registered
40 Posts
I say you keep it. The reasons I'd give you probably have already thought of, but I do think you will regret it. I sure wish I had a flawless one, seems like there's always something to fix on my car.

Just a reminder, they only made 50 US 88 M5s with a blk/blk configuration... That's not very many.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I've seen your ads on Roadfly.

I say keep it. Why? Because, I'm not in the market for an e28 yet. :D

It sounds like just the car I want, but I have too many cars right now. Give me a call in a year, and I might be in a position to give you as much as you want for it.

Or... rent it to me for a year. Heh heh heh. :wroom:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Keep it.

IMO it is the father of all M5`s and is a classic. Stealthy looks and sportscar like performance, allthough the US version is a detuned version of the Euro one.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hopefully you haven't sold it yet!

Keep it. Selling my M5 was a good financial decision for me, but terrible for my emotions. I miss that car more than any other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts