BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the deal, I am in love with my car lovelove, it's an 08 Monaco Blue, all options, full leather interior. I am very happy but I have ZERO desire to do any upgrades, none, zilch, nadda...just wana keep her stock for now, it's fast. really fast, and i am just content.....so what catergory am I in?

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
The most important thing is that you are happy and satisfied with it. Which category you fall in ? average.

·
Registered
814 Posts
happy

I just picked up my 08 M6 a few weeks ago myself... and I'm just like you... happy... and content with the car as is right now... maybe in a few months... maybe in a year.. who knows... althought the ASR CAI and Exhaust system is very tempting....

·
Registered
8,300 Posts

...........cherrsagai...........:biggrinbounce:...........:1:............:thumbsup:........:eek:
............................You my friend are in the upper crust of connisours, the elite, the happy, the content, the wise, one who knows what they want out of life..............and one who realizes his anatomy is accecptably large enough !!!!!
. You are right, the car is GREAT as is for a LOT of people as yourself....enjoy it .............for what it is.
....................................:2:.....................................

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
ok heres the deal, I am in love with my car lovelove, it's an 08 Monaco Blue, all options, full leather interior. I am very happy but I have ZERO desire to do any upgrades, none, zilch, nadda...just wana keep her stock for now, it's fast. really fast, and i am just content.....so what catergory am I in?

Wimp.... Are you an acturary? In insurance? :hihi:

Seriously at least get rid of the charcoal filters.

When you post something as provokactive as this, expect some responses.

·
Registered
847 Posts

:clap: hiha

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

um no i'm in the restaurant buisness ...and yes charcols were taken out within the first 24hrs of ownership

·
Registered
311 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm in this group, but increasingly tempted to go to the dark side and call ASR for some juice... we'll see once the turbo and sc options are on the table, but I think I may buy a 996 GT2 instead, and keep the M5 stock as the biz vehicle. The combo of our horrible resale values and our warranty / reliability concerns do make a good case for keeping the car stock. I think if you mod, though, might as well go big - you can feel 50hp, but it's not a huge difference. A 150 shot, however - that's a whole different smile.

BTW Andy - I used to have restaurants in the NY area as well until I got lazy and moved to Cali...

·
Registered
65 Posts
um no i'm in the restaurant buisness ...and yes charcols were taken out within the first 24hrs of ownership
Hey, I'm in the same business over here:byee55amg. I got my M slightly over a month ago and I'm not planning any mods yet. I speced it just the way I wanted it:cheers:

·
Registered
994 Posts
-bone was just busting your chops.

Here's to stayin:cheers:g stock. Thanks Motorsportcherrsagai

·
Registered
464 Posts
Hey, I'm in the same business over here:byee55amg. I got my M slightly over a month ago and I'm not planning any mods yet. I speced it just the way I wanted it:cheers:
I've got clients in Poland - visit Gdynia every year via Gdansk. I love your country - great people and what a great place for an M5! My client has a diesel 5er which is also no slouch. I'll be there in a few weeks.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Just enjoy whatcha got!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Enjoy it... But once you drive one with software you'll have gears turning in your head :)

The M5 is stock form is an absolutely amazing machine. But some of us like to take that to another level. Modding isn't for everyone. Sometimes I wish I wasn't into it because between the 7 car's I've owned I would probably have over 100K more in the bank. For god sakes even my 1990 735i automatic is modded. I have problems, I know.... ouich

Treat her well.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm like you, probably won't do any "performance" mods ... other than charcoal filters. I like quiet cars... so all of the performance exhaust/headers and things may not be for me.

Cosmetics however... different story, definitely changed some of that. ie: Window tint, new rims, etc etc...

-F

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! You gotta love some of our members, for sure..........they'd repaint the Mona Lisa if they could get their hands on it. :hihi:

That is one hell of an idea.... I never liked the smile on the Mona Lisa.....we need to change that and give her an eye patch and some grills....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
...just wana keep her stock for now...so what catergory am I in?
Moderators, take away all of his posts and put him back to newbie!:hihi:

Now on the other hand, I like to cruise around town with my windows open and just listen to my AA exhaust! Is that sick or what? So what category does that put me in?:7:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Purist enthusiast. Enjoy.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Modding is not for everyone, just don't make the mistake of parking your 4 x 4 M5 next to one with springs or even a stock 550i.

At minimum IMHO:

CF Removal (might as well throw in BMC's while you are in there)
Tint (to protect the interior)
Drop
Wheel Spacers

The problem is the minimum could be like your first hit of crack.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts