BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

The people behind RaceSkids | Custom Skid Plates is interested in making a skid plate and an aluminum underpanel for the M5 front bumper. As a 540 owner moving to an M5 bumper and highly annoyed at paying big bucks for more crappy BMW plastic, I'd really like to see this part made.

The main thing they need is someone with an M5 to visit them in the Vancouver WA so they can get it measured and fabbed. whoever does this will get a great discount. Who can go by their shop???

See this post on bimmerforums for more info and to contact them. I'm posting here so we can for sure get a V8 E39 with M5 bumper.

Custom E39 Skid plate. - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum

Thanks!

·
Registered
732 Posts
DANG IT, why can I not be closer! I would be there in a second, it would be VERY nice to get an aluminum plate to replace OEM.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Would be great if this can shield my SS collector pipes.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Someone PLEASE go do this!! I have been trying to get one made for a while now. I currently have no underbody panel. Do everyone on the board a favor!! :)

Reactions: M55555

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Calling JCM55555 ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'm in Vancouver BC :(
It's about 5h away

·
Registered
2,936 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
He's a good 3hrs away.. but I'll pitch in gas money! :noSMG:
I'd pitch in also. Plus, I'd assume he'd get a free one. I don't think he'd mind the drive. We all know how he loves those tunnels. :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I'm in Tacoma, 2003 540 Msport...

Hi all,

I can get down there, didn't find the bimmerforums post and the link is bad. I'm in tacoma, wa, about 2 hours away. M5 bumper and all that from the factory... So what's the deal, does the guy who's car they measure get one for their trouble?

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi all,

I can get down there, didn't find the bimmerforums post and the link is bad. I'm in tacoma, wa, about 2 hours away. M5 bumper and all that from the factory... So what's the deal, does the guy who's car they measure get one for their trouble?
Thanks for stepping up man. Work it out with the guy who is making it (he's the OP on bimmerforums). If you can't access it, PM me your info and I'll get it to the guy.

EDIT:
Looks like post got deleted. Probably non-sponsor I'm assuming.

Try to get in contact with the company direct:
http://www.raceskids.com/joomla/

Keep us posted!

EDIT:
Nevermind. I think that site is down also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys I just happen to live in Portland (Oregon). I can try to get ahold of these guys and see if I can help. My spoiler pan is in good shape so I shouldn't need to buy one just yet, but I can certainly get them started. It will give me a chance to look at the bottom of my beast too. I tried the link to the bimmer forum, but it didn't work. Can someone post the number and I'll give them a call. :)

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Reactions: M55555

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Here's the contact info I found on Google:

Mr. Eric Jason
Company Name: Race Skids
Street Address: 5602 ne skyport way
City: Portland
Province/State: OR
Country/Region: United States
Zip: 97218
Telephone: 1-503-288-9898

Reactions: plking

·
Registered
4,597 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I heard back from the guy. If you're interested in being a test car please email Eric here: [email protected]

Man you guys are fast! With our powers combined, WE. ARE. M5BOARD!

1 - 20 of 185 Posts