BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go for sharing in case you dont have this mod yet.

Upgrade your boring stock pedals to M "racing" pedals.

These are made in China but they are made of high quality aluminum and high quality rubber.
I did this mod on my 2006 M6. Now the same thing for my 2009 Cabrio.

Great upgrade for $50.00, very easy install. Takes about half hour tops. Comes complete with installation hardware.
Installation tips: For the gas pedal - no need to use the nuts and bolts. Just use self tapping aluminum screws.

Use center punch first, then drill your holes and install. Very easy.

I bought mine from this seller (I have no affiliation).

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
I will be ordering. Thanks,Dan

·
Registered
718 Posts
They are on the way. I will post a pic with a thanks to you when installed.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Dan,
I did the same. Had them on the 2006 and ordered them for the 2010. Great advice on the gas pedal. I actually removed mine to install, but the nut and bolt still don't work on the bottom of the gas pedal.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Awesome Dan :cheers: I'm browsing Ebay at the moment Lol. These just mount over the existing pedals right?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
nick,
no you have to remove the rubber from the brake and drill holes through the metal pedal. for the dead pedal you peal off the existing aluminum and then use the supplied screws. for the accel. pedal do what dan said.

·
Registered
509 Posts
nick,
no you have to remove the rubber from the brake and drill holes through the metal pedal. for the dead pedal you peal off the existing aluminum and then use the supplied screws. for the accel. pedal do what dan said.
Ahhhh I gotcha :M5thumbs: Thank youuuu

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, those little nuts and bolts are extremely hard to install on the gas pedal so I didnt even try.
Just use self tapping screws with a head that will fit flush with the pedal.

Self tapping screws for the gas pedal works great. Its not going anywhere as they are on there tight.

Dan,
I did the same. Had them on the 2006 and ordered them for the 2010. Great advice on the gas pedal. I actually removed mine to install, but the nut and bolt still don't work on the bottom of the gas pedal.

·
8,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sattman is correct:

Dead pedal: Either remove the aluminum trim or leave it on. Drill pilot holes then install the self tapping screws.

Brake pedal. Remove the OE rubber pad. Mount the racing pedals over it, center it, use center punch so that drill bit wont wander around during the initial drilling process.

Gas Pedal: No need to touch anything, just use self tapping screws instead of the nuts and bolts provided.

Note: Make sure the screws are hand tight. DO NOT overtighten as you risk stripping the screw threads.
Awesome Dan :cheers: I'm browsing Ebay at the moment Lol. These just mount over the existing pedals right?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
dan,
that center punch is a great tip. The metal is tough and having a center punch would have helped alot. I wish i thought of that when i installed mine.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Dan,

It looks like you had a productive weekend. These pedals are great looking and reasonably priced. Mine are a couple of years old and are standing the test of time. I still feel the added 5 HP that they add. :M5launch::M5launch::M5launch:

Joah

·
Registered
718 Posts
I just received the shipping notice from China. Looking forward to these

1 - 20 of 43 Posts