·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ashok,

Easy for me, I only buy items which are on the BMW pricelist.
I want to keep my car as original as possible
Good luck making your pick

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ashok,

I usually get the dealer to fit the ACS ones on my M Cars. Saves the hassle and they look the best imho

·
Registered
540 Posts
To me ACS look sthe best and is very BMW

Also the dealer can never blame anything on you fitting aftermarket pedals as they are BMW approved

·
Registered
3,886 Posts

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Vic said:
Ashok,

Easy for me, I only buy items which are on the BMW pricelist.
I want to keep my car as original as possible
Good luck making your pick

BMW should be offering metal w/rubber gas/brake pedals that match to the kick plate foot rest that comes standard, they always have in the past, check the accessories book, they may be there

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
m630 said:
BMW should be offering metal w/rubber gas/brake pedals that match to the kick plate foot rest that comes standard, they always have in the past, check the accessories book, they may be there
This is only on LHD cars on RHD you get the same as the standard models.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ashok,

I have the ACS pedals and have been very happy with them - the rubber strips give the all important grip and feel regardless of footwear and, more importantly, when the weather turns wet and nasty as it is at present.
If you would like to try them out, feel free to pop down to Kent one day for a drive of my Beast - no worries!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the offer Martin, I won't trouble you though.

I think I'll go for the ACS Pedal set.

Are these available from BMW dealers in the UK or should I get it supplied & fitted from somewhere like Birds?

I hear what JohnH is saying & I remember the ACS pedals on his Estoril M5.

However, didn't BMW-GB withdraw approval for ACS products a couple of years ago??

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Thanks for the offer Martin, I won't trouble you though.

I think I'll go for the ACS Pedal set.

Are these available from BMW dealers in the UK or should I get it supplied & fitted from somewhere like Birds?

I hear what JohnH is saying & I remember the ACS pedals on his Estoril M5.

However, didn't BMW-GB withdraw approval for ACS products a couple of years ago??
My local BMW dealer - Lind - still stock ACS bits and pieces, but as ever, it is worth ringing round to check prices and Birds are often hard to beat.
So, why don't you want to drive my car then??!!
Mind you, we are still snowed in here in Kent - 4" and it is snowing again now at 5.15pm Saturday!!

·
Vendor
619 Posts
One very important thing for M5 owners to realize... the M5 gas pedal is approximately 5/8" taller than other BMW gas pedals. Therefore the pedal sets designed for "most" BMWs do not fit the M5 properly, leaving an unsightly 5/8" of black pedal showing at the top.

UUC will be making our new pedal design specifically for the M5 fitment very soon:

This design features a wider gas pedal for easier heel/toe shifting, and raised grip rings around the holes that have proven to be more effective than raised rubber when wet.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks great Rob -

Can you please inform us:

(1) When these will be available?
(2) What is the cost for M5Board members?
(3) Can you supply/distribute to UK?

:byee55amg

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Ashok Arora said:
Looks great Rob -

Can you please inform us:

(1) When these will be available?
(2) What is the cost for M5Board members?
(3) Can you supply/distribute to UK?

:byee55amg

1) Fairly soon, did the patterns last week.

2) Same as the standard version, $129/set.

3) Yes.

- Rob

·
Banned
1,095 Posts
Rob Levinson said:
One very important thing for M5 owners to realize... the M5 gas pedal is approximately 5/8" taller than other BMW gas pedals. Therefore the pedal sets designed for "most" BMWs do not fit the M5 properly, leaving an unsightly 5/8" of black pedal showing at the top.

UUC will be making our new pedal design specifically for the M5 fitment very soon:

This design features a wider gas pedal for easier heel/toe shifting, and raised grip rings around the holes that have proven to be more effective than raised rubber when wet.
That issue is the same on at least my 540 E39 !

·
Registered
283 Posts
Why are people getting the metal covers? Is it solely for looks?

I ask because someone mentioned a better 'feel' but I don't see how slapping a set of metal covers over the rubber ones would improve that. It sounds like it would be even more slippery.

·
Vendor
619 Posts
Opposite_Lock said:
Why are people getting the metal covers? Is it solely for looks?

I ask because someone mentioned a better 'feel' but I don't see how slapping a set of metal covers over the rubber ones would improve that. It sounds like it would be even more slippery.
In all reality, it depends. Here's how to look at the various types of covers:

1) Decorative - the type that BMW sells for the 3-series, it dresses up the interior a bit. A good match if you have the optional faux brushed aluminum trim and metal shift knob/e-brake handle. How slippery or not depends on the design... those with raised rubber are generally okay (but can be slippery when wet depending on your shoe sole material). Smooth metal ones can be very slippery. Some metal ones have raised points which are very grippy, even more grippy than the rubber.

2) Functional - some designs feature a widened gas pedal or brake pedal for better heel/toe shifting control.

- Rob

·
Registered
283 Posts
Thanks.

In that case, I'll pass. I find that the stock setup on my M5 is PERFECT for heel-toe, for my feet anyway.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts