BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Moderators - 'posted here 'cause of multiple M3 comments in attached articles)

BMWCCA members already have April's Roundel magazine. For non BMWCCA members, 'thought you'd find these write-ups interesting because: 1)Obvious comparison of new M3 to modded 335i; 2)Clear difference on how two big name tuners go about transforming these turbo BMW's into much higher levels of performance. 'Quite the contrast.

'Think there will be many exciting mod's coming for BMW's turbo models, as they continue to roll them out.

Enjoy!!:)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
I read the articles but at the end of the day..they are not M cars...not that there is anything wrong with that...but you are dumping comparable $$$ to get better #in hp/torque.
Waiting to see what comes out for the E92...so far exhausts and springs...no tunes yet.
I am having a one-off done by Farnsbacher Loles..they are looking to get into BMW...I am curious to see.
S

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Sergio.....

I read the articles but at the end of the day..they are not M cars...not that there is anything wrong with that...but you are dumping comparable $$$ to get better #in hp/torque.
Waiting to see what comes out for the E92...so far exhausts and springs...no tunes yet.
I am having a one-off done by Farnsbacher Loles..they are looking to get into BMW...I am curious to see.
S
No, they're not "M"'s; but apparently will "suck the doors off" a stock M3; in every way (and still retain refinement and great streetability). 'Not sure of cost difference between a loaded M3 and these modded 335i's. 'Look forward to driving both, eventually; and drawing my own conclusions.

'Meantime, 'sure FL will do you proud. They may not have much experience with BMW, but man are they a superb race engineering company. 'Can't imagine you'll be disappointed, at all. 'Look forward to your project report!!

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
No, they're not "M"'s; but apparently will "suck the doors off" a stock M3; in every way (and still retain refinement and great streetability). 'Not sure of cost difference between a loaded M3 and these modded 335i's. 'Look forward to driving both, eventually; and drawing my own conclusions.

'Meantime, 'sure FL will do you proud. They may not have much experience with BMW, but man are they a superb race engineering company. 'Can't imagine you'll be disappointed, at all. 'Look forward to your project report!!

Granted but I would expect that...starting w/ 300hp which I'm fairly sure we are all in agreement that the number is NOT accurate..
just putting bigger turbos & ecu & FF exhaust would give me 100+hp...lol
I'm talking about $$$$ spent:
Fully loaded 335 coupe: $58k??...at least around here on the East Coast
Fully loaded M3 coupe: $66k....again as above...give me the same $$$ in mods spent by the 335 guy and dump them in an M3....lets see who loses their doors...LOL...all I'm saying is you need to spend more $$$ on the 335 to get it to that point than a "stock" M3.
SHIIIT an E39 Dinan S3 M5 will give the everloving **** out of our E60 bro in stock form right?
S

·
Registered
959 Posts
Great articles; thanks for scanning them, Dan!

The E92 coupes are perhaps the only post 2003 BMW's that are actually attractive, esp with those Dinan wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts