BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've finalized my deal and will be flying to TN to pick up my 2002 M5 and drive it back to Tucson, AZ. My arrival date is 12/28...late Christmas present!:2: I've been driving E39 inline 6's for over 6 years; my current car is a 2002 530 5-speed. I can't wait to get this car. My wife sent me to the BMW driving school in SC a year ago as a present...when I drove the M5 I knew it was over!

Any suggestions on a route from Nashville, TN to Tucson, AZ? I will have the full set of NAV CDs, but no radar detector (maybe later). I have my Colgin bra ready and will be putting it on before the trip home!

For any interested, 2002 M5 Sterling/Carmel (my current car is sterling gray and I was set on the same for my M5; I love this color), 21K miles, PDC, M-audio, etc.

Can't wait! I've learned alot from this board and the information has really helped my with my purchase - thanks!

Kevin

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Not too familiar with that section of the US, but have a great drive and enjoy the new beast! I too "existed" of sorts with a 528, but the M car bug bit me bad on my first ride. Now I just need to get out of college and get the money to buy one. :D
:cheers:

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I'm having new tires put on before the drive home, so I hopefully will not have to deal with the M mobility system...However, I read somewhere that the stuff the system uses needs to be replaced after a certain amount of time - how long? By the way, how does the M-mobility system actually work? Is it just fancy way to use the flat-tire stuff in a can?

When I actually get the car I'll post some pictures...here are some the seller sent me.

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Good luck...nice looking car

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Great looking beast, Sterling Grey is very nice. :cheers: Congrats.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Congrats! I fly out to TX to get my '01 tomorrow morning and just can't wait!

Once upon a time I leased a brand new 1993 740il and ever since I turned it in I swore I would own another BMW - had my eyes on the 540/6 but once I drove an M5 it was over.

Have fun! That's a great looking car.

Paul

·
Registered
267 Posts
KevinM said:
Thanks guys.

I'm having new tires put on before the drive home, so I hopefully will not have to deal with the M mobility system...However, I read somewhere that the stuff the system uses needs to be replaced after a certain amount of time - how long? By the way, how does the M-mobility system actually work? Is it just fancy way to use the flat-tire stuff in a can?

When I actually get the car I'll post some pictures...here are some the seller sent me.

Kevin
Congrats, and looks great...I think the M mobility system is good for 3yrs or so.

Ed

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
M5xtc said:
That is my favorite color combination for the M5....beautiful!!

;) ;) ;)
:D

Well, I happen to know its' owner has taken excellent care of it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts