BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
ray540inyc said:
Hey,

I have no idea who might be, but it sounds a little fishy....
a turbocharged 95 M3 ???? the guy is cranking about 340hp, I just don't see how that would beat an M5...like they say, it's usually the driver's skills/experience. anything can happen in a street race.....:flag:

Ed

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i thought he was at 440? doesnt AA have a stage 3 kit thats up there?
i must investigate..

·
Registered
81 Posts
My stage 2 turbo obdI m3 from active put out 327hp to the wheels when i dyno'd it. I could tell you that it was a fast car, but could not keep up with my m5.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
power is not everything...remember that a E36 m3 weighs in less than an m5 so while the overall WHP (might--never said what his was) be the same, the power to weight ratio would benefit the m3, especially on a start.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Reminds me of the good old days of street light racing. Been in a few. Usually the bragger has an unfair advantage in the David versus Goliath race and doesn't tell anyone (although this guy does admitted to a turbo). The way I see it stock for stock the M5 kicks butt. Stock M5 souped up 3, 3 wins but not large. Now let's get out one of the nasty 5's on this site to match up with the souped up 3 and there will a different outcome. That 3 would be lucky to kiss the tailpipes of the beast (if he can get close enough). New bragger. No substitute for CI or litres

This is fun

Joe

·
Registered
214 Posts
You know..it's story's like this one that make me appreciate and realize what a great piece of machinery an M5 is. STOCK!! Any jacka$$ can throw a bunch of money into a car,whether it's an M3, Supra, Accord, Ricer, and then go and brag about beating the mighty M5. I guess people are always after the King of Beasts. I suggest however that there are better ways to compare penis sizes than by turbocharging..supercharging...whatever...a lesser car and then bragging about your conquests in a public forum. There will always be someone bigger, faster, stronger and quicker than you are, it's just that you don't want anyone to be ALL of them.

There's my Rant O' the Day.

ps did I tell you guys about the time I absolutely SMOKED a Grand Marque Station Wagon that had a Mom and 3 kids in it? Well...lemmee tell ya...

ray540inyc said:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ps did I tell you guys about the time I absolutely SMOKED a Grand Marque Station Wagon that had a Mom and 3 kids in it? Well...lemmee tell ya...[/QUOTE]

:haha: now thats the story i want to hear! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Kcdoyle,

that was a pretty funny story...lol

Yup, you're right, all these little ricers want to jump on the band wagon and brag about their turbos/blower, but it just a matter of time before they find someone else faster than their ricer....the beast is still a big contender on the streets...

Ed

·
Registered
251 Posts
It's funny, I always wonder how many of these kill stories result from meatheads who think they spanked me.

My years of street racing are long gone (4 kids, 3 businesses, and much responsibility sees to that) but I'm always game to go through a gear or two with these guys.

It's amazing how most times I don't even have to down shift to beat up on most offenders. Seems everyone in an Altima, Maxima, Civic, or whatever thinks they can spank my M5. I find squeezing the gas just enough to get a nose on them, while they are flying through gears works for me. But you just know they went home saying how well they pulled on an M5 on the way home.

As long as I know the REAL story.

The only thing more enjoyable is how many more of these types seem to appear when I drive my GT3.

·
Registered
590 Posts
mricorp said:
It's funny, I always wonder how many of these kill stories result from meatheads who think they spanked me.

My years of street racing are long gone (4 kids, 3 businesses, and much responsibility sees to that) but I'm always game to go through a gear or two with these guys.

It's amazing how most times I don't even have to down shift to beat up on most offenders. Seems everyone in an Altima, Maxima, Civic, or whatever thinks they can spank my M5. I find squeezing the gas just enough to get a nose on them, while they are flying through gears works for me. But you just know they went home saying how well they pulled on an M5 on the way home.

As long as I know the REAL story.
That's right never show you full hand unless there's $$$$ on the line. :haha:

Joe

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I agree mricoprp. I get more challenges from ordinary cars than from real sports cars. I guess most folks in Porsches, Corvettes are older, less inclinded to race, and don't need to race to know what their car can do. That's what HPDEs are for :)

Just the other night, an RSX pulled along side me at a light. His lane ended in 1000ft. He crept forward to get the jump on me but a moderate launch and quick shift to 2nd had me 5 car lengths ahead in no time. I then backed off (still 15 over the speed limit) but with 200 feet to go, he tried to get around me again. A nudge of the throttle in 4th easily gave me a few more car lengths as the lane ended. There was then a sharp right. I figured he'd hang with me there but after the turn he was way back. I didn't push the car hard or consider myself racing but he probably thought I was a jerk for not letting him in front of me and then was left not knowing the full capability of the M5.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Great story Richard. Recently I too came up against a hopped up Maxima who was tring to get on the the expressway. I could see him coming down the ramp like a bat out of hell. You could just tell he wasn't stopping for anyone until he got to the outside lane. I'm running in the outside lane just cruising and this guy is going to jump across three lanes of traffic to get in front of me. Well let me tell you a quick downshift into fifth and on the throttle hard and it was all over. The Maxima pulled in behind me and showed the M the respect it deserved by following at a safe driving distance. :haha: My wife who was seating next to me only turn towards me and smiled. lovelove It was a great evening.

Joe

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Some of these posts remind of one of the times I was dating a very beautiful and busty model.Whenever we out I kept thinking why are these idiots staring at my GF?:blink:

·
Registered
251 Posts
kcdoyle said:
ps did I tell you guys about the time I absolutely SMOKED a Grand Marque Station Wagon that had a Mom and 3 kids in it? Well...lemmee tell ya...
Funny,

I haven't found too many opportunities to try smoking anyone (wagon, M3, vette, backhoe, or otherwise) from off the line.

But let me tell you, there is some satisifaction when some jackazz is weaving in & out of traffic, cuts me off - and I can so easily pull around him/her like they are going backwards. Doesn't matter what they are driving - if they aren't asleep they *have* to be impressed.

Paul

P.S. - they guy who "got smoked" by that M3 probably had a slipping clutch :noSMG:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i guess that would do it huh..

who cares its some little e36. theyre cool cars but they arent ccooooooollll like m5's
:1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1: :1:

ernie said:
just for clarification: the AA stage 3 makes around 600hp at the crank.

ernie

·
Registered
251 Posts
Paul

P.S. - they guy who "got smoked" by that M3 probably had a slipping clutch

Oh yeah, I almost forgot; one guy who went home laughing about his M5 kill. It's the day I realized just how bad my clutch was shot when from an 80mph roll a C5 Vette Convertable walked away from me like I was standing still.

Clutch was replaced the next day!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I do like the David vs Goliath scenario, but only when it is little ole me in my STOCK Jetta Gl pulling a car through a set of corners. The looks on peoples faces are priceless, especially when they want to race up the next straight. "Umm, sorry, it's bone stock and slower than hell..." :hihi: I have a turn up here in Prescott that I love, and I am yet to lose to a car through it (E39's included).
Good story though, but it is funny how a highly modded E36 wins against an E39, and we are all supposed to be impressed? Stock for stock I would be impressed, but an FI S50 in a lighter car doesnt impress me too much. What part of the story would have made me thought the M3 was going to lose?
In the days many moons ago when I had a car with more than 115hp it was entertaining to get in a race, and then pretend that you were giving it all it had. Just sit there door to door, shift as fast as possible, and then once the person in the other car thinks they are going to win (just let off the throttle a tiny bit to get their hopes up), mash it to the floor and leave them behind. I was once asked if my 528 his nitrous after I did that to a Civic Si....hiha
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts