BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I met up with a friend of mine who has an 06 and took advantage of the "kodak moment" and snapped some quick pics with my iphone for my fellow M5board brothers.... enjoy....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Very cool. :applause: I must say I like the white one better though.

Reactions: M V10 and BD 997

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Its funny you say that.... as my friend washes his car once a month and if you look closely his car has a yellow hue to it... he says he doesnt care its a lease. He beats the sh*t out of it too... he has been through 2 tranny's, 1 clutch and an oil pan (don't ask)... he currently has 37,000 miles and his lease is up next summer....It hurts when I see his car like that...look at this wheels....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts

Oops, I meant to say I like the white one with the cool, PERFECTLY positioned Dinan pipes better. :cheers:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Being on a lease is no reason not to have some pride and keep your car clean, imo. My brother's 335ci is on lease and he washes it weekly. I guess by him not keeping it clean makes yours look even better. He must be married if he's not keeping it clean. :hihi:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I definitely agree that yours is a better white

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oops, I meant to say I like the white one with the cool, PERFECTLY positioned Dinan pipes better. :cheers:
dont go there :grrrrr:

thats a sensative issue.... :blabla:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Being on a lease is no reason not to have some pride and keep your car clean, imo. My brother's 335ci is on lease and he washes it weekly. I guess by him not keeping it clean makes yours look even better. He must be married if he's not keeping it clean. :hihi:
I agree... but he lost his passion for his a while ago... he doesn't deserve to be part of the M family :crying2:

BTW did I mention he has been through 3 sets of tires.... he loves doing donuts and not always in empty parking lots either.... the other day he left a nice "8" in front of my building...

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think my alpine white has the same hue! I live by the beach and I can never keep it clean!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Initially, I wanted to be diplomatic and say your car had some visual advantages because of your tasteful upgrades, etc. Blow that...... his car looks like a a 45 year old female street magician(?) who performs about 17 tricks a night and has a meth problem (trying to be tasteful with out offending anyone!), its just wasted!:eek:oohhh: Poor parenting skills!

HOWEVER, your car is looking soo nice! Of course it looks brand new. Good father.:M5thumbs: She'll always make you proud !:hihi:
cherrsagai

·
Registered
353 Posts
i recently got an alpine white 06 m5 and wanted to either black out the grilles or do something along the lines of what you did?

how/where did you do/get your kidney grilles in white/black? any insight is appreciated!

nice car, btw!

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I think he just had a bodyshop paintmatch the OEM grills.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
that is not the first AW 06 that I've seen that has the yellow hue to it. I think it needs a good claybar and polish to take it out. It prob has a ton of surface contamination from neglect/abuse.

·
Registered
992 Posts
nice! reminds me of my car :)

I'm glad someone had an AW matched front grill so I could take a look at it. looks good.

I think my alpine white has the same hue! I live by the beach and I can never keep it clean!
haha, hmm... if you're in Santa Monica, I think I've seen you driving around by Ocean Park.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts